Sunday, November 16, 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Every Fall Kevin and I like to take a trip somewhere to see beautiful Fall leaves.  Last year we went to Pagosa Springs, Colorado.   This year I was lucky enough to visit Santa Fe twice.  First I went in September with some of my college friends.  We had a blast except for the blooming sage almost sent me to the hospital with asthma. Once we figured out what was causing the problem I was more careful not to breath in the pollen.  It looked beautiful though.  Then in October Kevin and I had planned another trip. It worked out for my niece Hester and her husband Daniel to go with us.  We had a great time and managed to not do many of the same things.  There is always so much to do in Santa Fe.  One of my friends let us stay in her condo so that was an awesome blessing. Here are a few of the photos Daniel and I took.  We had a blast for sure.


I took this picture from the hill behind the condo where we stayed.  See all that yellow on the top mountain.  We drove up there later in the day.  It was beautiful.




I took this one from the front driveway area.  I loved the way the contrails looked against the blue sky.

We then went to the flea market.   It's a lot better than the Amarillo flea market.  Daniel had fun taking pictures of lots of things with my camera.


We decided to drive up the  mountain to the ski basin. The aspens were beautiful.


We also liked the way the aspen trunks looked.


Loved this picture from one of the lookout points.  You can see Santa Fe in the background.


More beautiful aspens.


And some beautiful red leaves downtown by the plaza.


Why we were waiting on the plaza square, we heard some loud mariachi music.  I started looking around and noticed a mariachi band leading a wedding party.  It was really cool.


We had a great time in Santa Fe, thanks Cindy and Kyle for letting us use your condo.

Until next time,












blue leelee



No comments:

Post a Comment