Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fun With Family

A few weeks ago, my sister Lavonna and I drove down to see her daughter, my niece, Courtney and her family.  I usually go each fall to see them and take their family pictures for her Christmas card. The first day we arrived, Bryson, he's my five year old great nephew, wanted to play a game.  Most of the games Courtney and Chris had were for older kids or adults.  I made up a card game to suffice for that day, but told Bryson, I'd buy him a kid game before we left.  The next day I went to one of the local dollar stores to get some things for a photo shoot and remembered to look for a game for Bryson.  I found a couple and they were only $5 each so I decided to get them both.  Best $10 I ever spent.


The first game was called What's Up.


To play, each player on their turn selects a card and places it on their own forehead without looking at the picture.  Then the player goes around the table asking yes/no questions until they can guess the identity of the picture.  Playing the game was fun enough, but my great niece Harlie, who's 2, just couldn't understand what we were doing and every time someone would ask a question about their picture she would blurt out the answer and just look at us as if to say, "you people are crazy, that's a bike!" or whatever the picture.  It was so funny.  We had lots of laughs over that.

The second game was Jumping Monkeys.





The task was to flip your monkeys tiddly-winks style into the tree. Your monkey had to be hanging by it's arm to count.  First person to get their four monkeys into the tree won the pot of bananas.  Person with the most bananas at the end of four rounds was the winner.  It was a lot of fun too.

The second night we played Courtney was holding Everett and he just thought that was hilarious.  I finally had to get my phone and make a video.  There's nothing sweeter to my ears and soul than a baby or little child laughing.  Here's the video.  Hope it brings a smile to your face.








Until next time,

blue leelee



1 comment:

Devora Chana said...

Love it. Sara and Sophie enjoy playing games. Laurie buys them games too. I'm glad you had a good time.

Post a Comment