Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm A Greek!

Who else but a geek would get so excited over a new gadget? Last summer when I was traveling to San Diego I really tried to figure out a way to blog and post pictures taken with my camera without having to lug my laptop. I wanted to use my tablet but the big problem with that plan is my tablet doesn't have a USB port to attach a card reader. (Okay be honest, who's eyes have already glazed over with my techno talk?) So I ended up lugging my laptop and camera.  Well, just so happens I'm going to Phoenix for several days and wanted to try to come up with a solution this time

So yesterday I actually had some foresight to search for a solution.  I went to Amazon to see what I could find. I did a search for Bluetooth data card reader. Several items popped up. After reading the specifications and reviews I decided to order the RavPower. I completed the order and hit submit. I was surprised when it came TODAY. (Being a Prime Member has it's perks.)

I unpacked it right away. It actually is a multi-purpose gadget. It's a wireless SD card reader (the main purpose I wanted it) plus an external storage/sharing server, a power bank to charge my tablet or phone and a WiFi Hot spot.

I couldn't wait to install it to see if it worked. I'm happy to report . . . SUCCESS!  As a matter of fact I'm posting from my tablet right now using my new Rav Power Hub.  Doing the happy dance. I love technology when it works right.

Looks like I'll be traveling much lighter this time.

1 comment:

Devora Chana said...

I don't even know anything you said in your geek/greek post. I barely know how to turn on my laptop any more. Have fun while in Phoenix. You will certainly get some awesome pictures. Can't wait to see them.

Post a Comment