Nan makes the best cakes. Ethan's was football themed. He doesn't look too happy though. He didn't like squatting down.
Blake's cake was Star Wars themed. His cake was awesome. I think I even see a little smile.
First game was the Spoon/Egg relay. We were trying to get them to work together without fighting.
Next game was the Life Saver relay. We had a lot of trouble because the sticks were too thick.
By the time we got it figured out everyone had lost interest until they figured out cash was the prize. This is Mason and Bradon passing the Life Saver. They are brothers and no, they are not kissing.
Next came the Silly String. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I didn't want it on my camera.
Seemed like they all liked blasting Mallory. Love the new do Mallory.
Then back inside for a balloon game. You had to pop the balloon by sitting on it. Notice Janine holding her ears. I took a couple of photos and went in the other room. I hate popping balloons.
Now it was time for blowing out the candles. It was funny because the candles for Blake's cake did not say they were the "re-lighting" kind that you can't blow out, but they were. He did finally get them out.
And Ethan's candle package said they were the "re-lighting" kind but they weren't.
He got his out first try.
Finally time to open presents.
They made a haul and hit the jackpot with a lot of cash.
Then it was back out in the yard for water fun. Hester turned on the sprinklers and Daniel had filled up hundreds of water balloons. It was crazy but the kids had a blast.
Nothing makes kids happier than playing in the water on a hot summer day.
Happy Birthday Blake and Ethan.













No comments:
Post a Comment