Friday, July 8, 2011

What Is It?



The other day as I was driving around town running errands, I was listening to KLOVE. The first time I heard them was around 9:00 AM and they were talking about how money is tight for everyone and that one way to save money on your grocery bill was to use Ramen Noodles. People were calling in all kinds of ways to cook Ramen Noodles besides the soup. I was out and about at least four times throughout the day and every time I would hear a different recipe for Ramen Noodles. So I decided I would see what I could concoct for dinner. Mind you I had to go to the store and buy Ramen Noodles as the only time I ever purchase them is if I am going to make that salad. I was going to Wally World anyway,so I thought "Why not?" So I bought two packages of chicken flavor and two packages of beef.

After I got home, I decided I would use the chicken as I always have chicken meat, both frozen and canned. I dug through the freezer and found a bag of frozen vegetables and some chicken nuggets.  In the refrigerator I found about a fourth of a package of Deluxe Cheese. I decided these would be my ingredients.


I followed the directions on the package to boil the noodles. I was using two packages, but decided to only use one packet of seasoning because I thought it might be too salty.


These were the chicken nuggets cut into smaller bites. I thought they were grilled not breaded, but that was all I had so they would have to do.



I cooked the vegetables according to the package directions except I cut the cooking a little short so I could add them to the soup mixture to finish cooking them with the noodles. I also added the one packet of seasoning at this point.




This is the quarter package of cheese. After I drained the noodles and vegetables I grated the cheese into the pan with the hot noodles to melt the cheese.




Once that was stirred in well and the cheese melted I added the chicken chunks.



To complete the meal I made Kevin and I each a fresh, green salad and warmed up some left-over breadsticks. It tasted pretty good to me, but Kevin didn't like it. I think it was the consistency of the noodles. It did remind me of the good ole' college days when we would have to get creative to feed ourselves. I can definitely say it was not the worst meal I've ever had. I knew we would not eat the leftovers so I boxed them up and took them to my niece's boyfriend for his lunch the next day. He called me after his lunch and thanked me. He said he thought it tasted great.

I still have the beef noodles and plan on venturing down this road again. I'll let you know how that turns out. What have you ever tried with Ramen Noodles?

blue leelee

2 comments:

lavonnastater said...

just wanted your IP address

Debbie Rogers said...

just wanted to see if I can comment yet on you blog.

Post a Comment