Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Fun, Fun, Fun! And Then Some More!

First of all, if you are reading this that means you found my "new" blog. I'm still working on trying to figure out how to make some posts private but until then I will be posting right here. Glad you came along.

In addition to being disgusted by the stalkers, I have been so busy this summer. I will be glad when school starts. Now, I have a glimpse of what parents go through in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast, but just not used to having someone around all the time. Kevin and I are kind of set in our ways and it has definitely been an adjustment.


I've babysat Hope three different days for Hester. I don't mind though because she is precious, but she is a little spoiled and demanding. If she's awake she wants to be held.


We went swimming several times at Kevin's sister Christi's home. The kids ask almost every day if we can go back.If you have to go swimming it's a great place, private and not crowded with a beautiful pool house to cool off in.


 Shailee already had this alligator floaty and all the kids fought over him.




 Lots of games and activities. Pool basketball was Ethan's favorite.


A make-do canoe. It was cute watching them try to figure out how to get them all on at once and who needed to be where to balance it out.




They finally all got on for a few seconds. Then they tipped over. It was nice to see them all getting along.



Games and puzzles to entertain. Sara loves puzzles.


Craft time. Kamille, Samantha and Akili all made trinket boxes. They had a blast and did a great job. Kevin was a little freaked out that they had the paint out on the kitchen, but I assured him it would wash up and it did.


Kamille made a small one for her rings.



Surprise, surprise. Akili went with a horse theme. She LOVES horses, and not the cutsie animated one. Her dream is to have her own quarter horse.


Samantha went with the 70's retro theme, complete with peace signs and butterflies.




Another day we went to  Chuck E Cheese. I wish we had a Dave and Buster's or Main Event. All the kids are outgrowing Chuck E Cheese, but we still had a good time.




Lots of eating out and eating in, just eating a lot. Seems like kids are always hungry. Reminded me of when we were young and Mama would just barely finish cleaning the kitchen after a meal and one of us would wander back into the kitchen and dare to say, "I'm hungry." Sorry Mama, now I know how you felt."  This was at Ruby Tequila's and the name of Kamille's meal was Mexico City and it was large enough to feed a city. We sent her left-overs home with Lavonna for Brice.



Shoe shopping at the Mall. Both Sami and Kamille wanted new shoes. I told them they would have to be their birthday presents. (Kamille's in August and Sami's in Sept.) they agreed that would be fine. I tried to get them to let me keep them until their birthdays, but you see how that went over. Hope they remember on their birthdays.

 




Another thing all the kids and grown-ups like is painting at the pottery shop. You pick out your piece, paint it, then leave it for them to fire. The place called yesterday and said their pieces are ready but I forgot to pick them up.



Samantha painted a cute yellow and white cross.


Kamille painted a change bowl for a friend.


Like I said "lots of eating." I had seen a coupon for the Ruffled Cupcake, a local gourmet cupcake shop so we had to try it out.  We also tried out both self-serve frozen yogurt places, Orange Leaf and Frazzle Berries. We like Orange Leaf best.



And last but not least Mallory holding Hope. I'm so glad Mal got to hang out with us some as she will be gone for most of the summer visiting her big sister in South Texas near Houston.



And just think, that was only two weeks in July. Is school starting yet?

blue leelee

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You're not through yet, lol. Sara still keeps asking when she's going to get to stay with Leelee and Hestee.

Mookie 59 said...

AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!I thought we were done!!!! AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! Just Kidding!!!!

Linnie Sanderson said...

I;m so glad everyone is getting to enjoy themselves this summer. Thanks so much, Leelee!

Post a Comment