Out With The Old
Well, as most of you know, Kevin and I don't really like change. Change of any kind, personal, business, medical, church or home. We just like things like they are. Simple. Almost four years ago we re-did most of the house and yard. That was a major battle (back to the no change thing.) But we survived and even liked all the changes. We wanted to get a new living room suite to go with our new color decor' but as usual we couldn't agree. You might remember the post about the drapes. That took almost two years to settle that battle. We've looked on and off, but I insisted we get another sofa with a sleeper bed. Do you know how difficult it is to find those? And then to find one that was the right color as well as comfortable for both Kevin and I. I must admit I was way more particular about the comfort than Kevin since I mostly sit in the living room. Next obstacle was price. When we bought our current sectional back in 1985 we paid around $4000 for the set. The furniture store where we purchased it is not even in business. Back in those days we had to make payments and I was so proud when the furniture was finally OURS! It has been a great set. It still looks pretty good and we are kind of sad to see it go but . . . . . . . . . there's that change issue again. I guess my mom and dad did a good job of instilling in me "that if it's not broken and usable then why replace it?" Back in April when we went to Kevin's Dad's business warehouse sale we actually found a set we both liked. Kevin actually gets the credit for finding it, but I agreed. Then when we found out we could order the sofa with a sleeper, we were sold! There were a few snafus along the way, but finally today it all came in. With the help of our nephew we got the old moved out and the new moved in. Want to see?????????
We very rarely used it as a sectional as it really was too large for the room. Here's the sleeper sofa. It's had a lot of use, but is still in good shape. Translation: no stains or bed bugs.
These three pieces are the two recliners and the joining chair. The bad thing about it was they were not connected and if you weren't careful the end pieces would tip over. Definitely gave us some amusing times when our guests would tip the furniture over.
The main thing I was worried about the new furniture versus the old would be the quality of the build. I told Kevin, "There is no way the new will be built of solid wood. And I definitely don't plan on it lasting 25 years." The company that made the old set is Bench Craft. I was surprised to find they were still in business. Guess that goes to show what quality products they make.
Here is the rocker/recliner we got instead of the wedge. I like it, but may move it to the den and get a plaid fabric covered chair. When it's extended there's a lot of recliners going on in a small room. And most important reason . . . . just kidding . . . . the dogs hate it for their sentry post.
The sofa sleeper. We had to switch the position of the sleeper sofa as the new one is over nine feet long and was too large for the center of the room. I did pull out the bed and even tried it out. Pretty nice for a fold out.
The best part of the love seat . . . the middle console with the cup holders and . . . .
A hidden compartment for the remote controls and of course a sticky roller for all the dog hairs.
Next time you are in the neighborhood come on by and try it out. And if your really good, I might even let you take your drink in the living room.
4 comments:
That looks really good! I'm glad you got some new furniture, and I hope you enjoy it.
It's really pretty!! I'm jealous!!
looks comfy!! glad you FINALLY got it!
It all looks very comfortable. You must have a large room for all of it to fit in. Enjoy it all.
Post a Comment