Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nunn = Nun



I already posted this little story on Facebook, but I know everyone doesn't have a Facebook page so I thought I'd share here too.


Kevin and I have finally ordered new living room furniture. I will post about that later. I know it's shocking after 25years to be getting new furniture. We are both a little sad because we really love our sectional. And that leads to the Nunn = Nun story.


We got word that our new furniture was in, so we went down to Kevin's Dad's business Nunn Company to check out the new furniture. It was after hours so no one was there except Kevin's dad and us. We visited with his dad and then went back to the storage room to check out the furniture.  There is a major snafu, but that will come with the furniture story.

We were all getting ready to leave the store. Kevin's dad was already in his car ready to leave. I was in our car waiting on Kevin. I noticed a car driving by really slowly, going the opposite direction. I noticed them, as the store is in the neighborhood where all the homeless people hang out, so I'm always on guard when we are down there at odd hours.  The car pulled on by and I was just watching Kevin. Then I saw the car do a U-turn and come back on our side of the street. Then they pulled over in front of our car, in front of the store. A 20-ish girl got out. I noticed she had a Bible in her hand, but didn't think much about it as City Church uses the other side of the Nunn building. But then she surprised me when she walked over to the Nunn door and pulled on it. It was locked of course. I then opened my car door and asked her "Can I help you?" She came over to the car and said, "Is this where you come to become a nun?" I just stared at her expecting her to crack up and say "Just kidding." or something like that but she didn't. I told her "No, it's a wholesale business." She again asked me as she looked back at the Nunn sign, "So this is not where I can become a nun?" I told her, "No I'm sorry." She then asked me if I knew where to go to become a nun. Again, I told her "I have no idea. Sorry." She looked really disappointed. I then told her, "Maybe they can help you at the City Church." I told her which door to go to and she set off in that direction. Just about then Kevin got in the car. I told him what was going on. I expected him to crack a joke or something but he didn't. I said, "Don't you see the irony? A girl wanting to become a nun at Nunn?" We both cracked up and have mused all night over the incidence. After Tina read the story on Facebook she commented"No nuns at Nunn." I hope the girl finds what she is looking for. As far as I know that is a first for the Nunn (nun) Company.

blue leelee

No comments:

Post a Comment