Once Janine was done I asked her if she felt like going to the mall. She said she thought it would be okay so I set the GPS and we were off to find the Build A Bear Workshop. We got to the mall and found it pretty quickly. They were hooked from the beginning.
First order of business . . . choosing your animal to stuff.
On to the stuffing machine. Tzippi watching intently as the worker stitches up her bear. The kids think it's awesome they get to control the foot pedal that runs the stuffing machine.
Not sure what they are checking out, but I think Zee was pushing the buttons to add love, caring, kindness and energy to the stuffing.
Next, it's time to get the bears washed and brushed.
The best part is next, choosing the outfit and dressing your bear.
All dressed and ready to name and take home.
Now it's Zee's turn to fill his bear with stuffing and love.Zee was filling his Bear's heart with love.
Time for his bath and brushing.
Clothes choice was easy for Zee. He saw the Star Wars costumes as soon as we entered the store. He picked a Yoda costume I think.
Now time to go to the computers and give those bears some names. It also gives you a computer code so you can go to Build A Bear Workshop on line.
Both bears came in cardboard houses. After we got back to the hotel we had a pajama party complete with popcorn, rootbeer, a movie and markers to color their bear houses.
It's kind of a pricey activity but worth every cent. The kids both big and small have a blast!












2 comments:
What a fun time! I'm glad you take the time to show the children a good time. They will always remember it.
My son-in-law, Jonathan, worked at Build A Bear for a few years. I have a bear that I got for Mother's Day that still has Bekah's voice on it. You are hooked and will be buying accessories forever! They also have a RC car store now. What a good auntie you are!
Post a Comment