From there we went to the Methodist Church to the courtyard and gazebo. There was a playground beside it and I got some really cute, fun photos. We laughed a lot even though the wind, sun and heat were working against us. They are such a cute couple.
We next went out to the Old Cemetery Road. By this time the sun was really working against us. I did get a few shots of them in the back of Michael's truck and them walking hand in hand on the road. Our next stop was the old train depot. I have driven by the depot a million times and once when I was about three even took a train from there, but haven't been there in a long time. On the back-side there is still the brick platform and walkway and all the doors are weathered nicely. This is one of my favorite shots.
When Amanda and I were planning the shoot, I told her to be thinking of some places that were special to her and Michael. I was surprised when she told me one of their spots was a stop sign. She told me the story behind it and it's cute and sentimental. You can read it on her blog if you go here. And now there is even more to the story because as we were stopped taking the photos a policeman stopped to see what we were doing. When Michael told him we were taking their engagement photos he said, "By a stop sign???" We laughed all day over that.
I know Amanda is anxious for me to edit all the photos and get them to her, but I told her I had to get Colton's out first since graduation is in May and he needs to get his announcements out yesterday. I am so thankful Amanda and Michael trusted me to do my first official engagement shoot with them. I am very happy how they are turning out.
As soon as we were finished, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then it was time to do Colton's graduation photos. I had taken some back in September while we were at Three Falls Cove but it's amazing how much he has changed in six months. We started out at the church, First Baptist this time, as he plays in a band for worship and he wanted me to take some with his guitar. We had a time getting in, but finally found someone that had a key and would come let us in. Most of the pictures in the sanctuary didn't turn out very well, the lighting was really bad. We did like this one though.
Colton changed clothes and then we were out to the country to one of my cousin's place. They have it set up with a rustic country feel. De and I thought it would be perfect for some masculine photos. Thankfully it was a little protected from the wind and a lot of the photos turned out great.
We all loved their dog. He even posed and smiled for the picture!
My cousin Carl has a blue 1992 Corvette so we took some photos of Colton in it and then Carl said, "Want to borrow it to take Kamille to the prom?" He didn't have to ask twice! Colton was so excited. We left there and went back to De's so Colton and Kamille could get ready for prom.
Kamille was set on going to the atrium at the hospital. Turns out that was a great decision. The photos turned out fantastic. Everyone that has looked at the photos so far, that live in Littlefield ask about each session, "Where's that?" Most commented, "You've made me see Littlefield with new eyes. I'm going to have to pay more attention. I would have never thought of that for photos"
Here are a couple of prom photos.
It was an exhausting weekend, but I loved every minute of it! Now back to editing photos and working on Colton's announcements.









5 comments:
Beautiful! I love the way the prom dress matches the Corvette. Nice job!
I love all the pictures! You did a great job. Kamille and Colton looked so grown up. They are a cute couple. I really liked the engagement pictures also. Another cute couple!
Had a blast with you!! Thanks so much again! :-)
Such a great job. You really know what you are doing.
It was fun! Wish we lived closer to each other so we could work together more often. You did a great job. Thank You!!
Post a Comment