Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Oops!

This is just one of those unimportant, random things that happens, but I it was really funny and I thought you might need a good laugh.

Here is the question: What happens when you give your dog some oral medicine and they DON'T want to take it?
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
They spit it out of course!


Here's what happened. Tipper was feeling a little under the weather with some tummy trouble. I usually give her medicine in the kitchen while standing over her, but this time Kevin brought the syringe into the den and handed it to me. I was sitting in my recliner with Tipper by my side. I grabbed hold of her snout and put the syringe in her mouth. I plunged it down, but instead of swallowing, she spit it all right back out. I didn't know dogs could spit, did you?  The medicine went everywhere. Mostly on me. It was on my face, neck, hair, reading glasses and all over my shirt. Kevin just stood there laughing! It was funny, and no harm no foul. Thankfully it all washed right out. So now you know, not only llamas and camels spit, but apparently dogs can too. Be warned!

2 comments:

Laura Fiskin said...

We have a similar problem with our Bichon. We occasionally have to give him Benadryl and it is kind of like giving a cat a bubble bath!

Cheryl said...

Do dogs hum too?LOL!!! That is funny! You don't look like you are laughing tho!!! I hate giving the dogs meds especially liquids! But, I discovered after the fact,after my two dogs were sick, pill pocket treats for dogs! They have a little hole to put the pill in and the dogs think they are just getting a treat! Why didn't I think of that? PetsMart has them as well as at Palo Duro Animal Clinic in Canyon! Check at your Vets office too!

Post a Comment