Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Photos From Last Week

As I said on Leelee's Place, last week was really busy. In addition to all the things listed over there my niece also moved into a new house. I didn't help a lot, but did help Saturday and Sunday (after church of course). Here are some photos from three of the events.


These are the photos I took of my niece Mallory. She turned 13 in February. She has decided to not try out for the cheer team this year, so she wanted me to take some photos of her in her uniform before she had to turn it back in. We found this really cool graffiti painted wall for the background. I loved it.


Same background, but a different pose. The owner of the bar came out to see what we were up to. We visited with him and asked him all about the graffiti. He said graffiti artists from New York, California and other places came in just to paint on the side of the bar. Next time your in Amarillo, I'll show you if you want. Better still I'll take some photos of you!

Same place, just a different spot. There were at least six or seven "tags." They all were different and you could tell the different personalities of the artists.

Then Wednesday afternoon my great nephew Azariah was channeling Einstein for the Living Museum. He was adorable. I have a video of him, but he wants to put it on his blog. After he gets it up, I'll come back and put in a link.

Here's Zee with his good friend Keevin (yes, that's his real name). I forgot who he was supposed to be, but it was not Hitler or Groucho Marx. It had to be a scientist. The medal around Zee's neck was his Nobel Prize.


And finally, Friday night Lavonna finally had time to have Mallory's Thirteenth Birthday Party.
The chocolate fountain was a big hit!


Next Lavonna had planned for them to make cake pops. The girls had a great time, but their pops were hilarious. They looked more like shrunken heads, but I'm sure they tasted fine. I don't like them because they are too sweet. However, I did dunk some pretzels in the chocolate fountain. Perfect! Sweet and salty, my favorite.

Can you even tell what they are supposed to be. They made owls, panda bears, and brown bears.

Finally a group shot. I was ready for it to be over and had had enough of the squealing, screeching, screaming and giggling to last a long time. Lavonna had a migraine the next day! It was probably more from the chocolate than the noise, but either way it was a crazy teen party.

And that was just a little of my week. Now you know why I didn't blog last week. No time for that!

2 comments:

lavonnastater said...

It was crazy, but fun. Thanks for all your help. The pictures turned out great. We love having a photographer in the family!

Linnie Sanderson said...

Those pictures of Mallory were so good!Zee really made a good Einstein. Those were cute pictures also. It looked like the girls were having a lot of fun at the party.
Great pictures , as usual! Love, Mom

Post a Comment