When I was younger I often stayed with Grandma Enloe, if I ever complained of a sore throat she would fix me hot Tang with peppermint. I know, it sounds weird, but it is delicious and it really helps to sooth a sore throat. I'm not sure if it's because of the vitamin C or the peppermint, or maybe the combination, or perhaps it was because anything Grandma made me was special. Back in those days it suggested on the label of the jar, "Delicious hot or cold." Most people have never heard of drinking hot Tang, but it's a staple around here, especially in the winter. So here are the directions for hot Tang with peppermint.
First you will need to buy a jar of Tang.
And some peppermint. I get this kind of peppermint sticks from Cracker Barrel and I love it. It dissolves very quickly. Although you can use any kind of peppermint. If you use the starlight peppermints, I usually break them into little pieces with the hammer.
Mix the Tang according to the package directions. I use 2 teaspoons per cup. Mix with hot water.
After the Tang is dissolved then add the peppermint.
After it dissolves drink and enjoy. Before you pass judgement that this is weird and gross, try it, you might like it.
2 comments:
I don't remember ever having it, but I do remember hearing about it. That was a long time ago. Love, Mom
I used to love Tang and used it a lot when I lived over there. Nothing like it here in Oz at all. Had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the memory
Post a Comment