Back during Spring Break
Z*e spent one night with us. I usually try to keep the kids one at a time for my own sanity and so they can have all the attention. We did go to Chuck E. Cheese, but the photos are on my other camera and I never downloaded them to my computer. One of the things we did was go to
Brush With Art so
Z*e could paint something. I love going there. It is usually so peaceful and relaxing. That was not the case over Spring Break. I think other moms and grandmas were looking for activities to keep "out of school" children busy. I decided not to paint anything, but instead to just enjoy visiting with
Azari*h. He finally decided he wanted to paint a plate. I told him he needed to make a plan and pick out the colors he wanted to use before he started. He decided he would paint a plate. He was
un-swayable with what he wanted and exactly how he wanted it. I just sat back and let him go.
He was very focused and precise. He forbade me to tell anyone what his project was or what it looked like until the piece had been fired and delivered. He wanted to make the announcement by himself and show his product. He did a really nice job and then for the next week
Z*e had his dad call me almost daily to see if Brush With Art had called about his project. Finally it was ready so I drove over and picked it up and went straight to his house to deliver it. He was so proud. I could hardly get him to stop for a minute so I could take his picture before he ran in the house to show everyone. I was really afraid he was going to drop it in all the excitement. That would NOT have been good, but thankfully he didn't.
I know he was so proud of his plate and hope he gets to use it as often as he wants. I love creating memories with all the kiddos in the family.
1 comment:
What a beautiful plate! Zee is so talented! I'm glad he had so much fun, and I know you enjoyed it too. Love, Mimi
Post a Comment