Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainy Days and “Fridays” . . .

I know, the song is actually Rainy Days and Monday’s . . . but today is Friday so I will take my writers liberty to change it for today. It is definitely a rainy day. IMG_7502 It started out with a little drizzle, then showers, then down-pours,
IMG_7503
IMG_7504
full blown thunderstorm with lightening and some small hail.
IMG_7508
It’s a great day for staying in. A little while ago, between storms, Papi wanted to go out in the front yard. He LOVES going out front and sometimes we oblige. Today, he and Fritz made a mad dash out the front door and around the corner. I took off after them and on our way back to the house I noticed my neighbor’s rose bush
IMG_7495a
was in bloom. It’s not your regular rose bush. It’s gigantic. There are many of the traditional rose bushes in the neighborhood and even in our yard,
IMG_7498a
but her’s is really big. I think it must be the kind that they get long stem roses from. I couldn’t resist. I could only reach one of the blooms as they are WAY up top.
IMG_7492a
So even in dreary, rainy weather you can find beauty if you just look.
blue leelee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a terrible day, too.It rained, hailed, wind blew, thundered, lightened, and was dark and dreary.I stood in the garage a few minutes and watched the water running down the street like a river.We needed the moisture though. I liked the rose pictures. Love, Mom

Post a Comment