
Well, it seems as if we have a couple of brainiacs that read my blog. Laurie and Laura both guessed the correct answer. The photo is of a The geoduck (pronounced /ˈɡuː.iːdʌk/ "gooey duck"). It is in the large clam family and we saw it on Dirty Jobs if you care to watch the video. I would have to be mighty hungry to eat one, unless of course I didn't know about it. I think this post generated the most comments of any post ever! I guess it was the grossness of it. Laura and Laurie I will send you a prize for being the two correct guessers. Laura will you email me your address in SD? Thanks for playing along.
Original Post:
It's time for another mystery photo. I actually came up with this one from seeing it on t.v. on one of those crazy shows where they eat weird things. So yes it is something edible, at least according to some. I'm not sure I would be willing to eat it. It is in the animal kingdom if we were playing twenty questions. It is not a mineral but a living animal. Any guesses?
P.S. Those of you that have guessed so far are doing great. If we were playing "colder/warmer" I'd have to say most of you are warm. It does live in the ocean, well kind of.
12 comments:
I guess some sort of sponge/sea animal or a reproductive organ of a very large mammal. Sue
Not a sausage dog??? Not seriously!
1. Lives in the ocean
2. You couldn't pay me to eat it
3. I will probably have nightmares...
geoduck?
I don't know - but it is totally gross!!
yep, i was going to say geoduck too. we watch a lot of anthony bourdain.
My serious guess is cuttlefish.
Well nowI know what it is. Had never heard of them before. At least it got the old grey matter working and I have learned something new. I love to try and learn something new each day.
Thanks Linda. Some smart readers you have!
I can't even look at it long enough to make a guess. It is very gross looking - especially knowing it is something in the animal kingdom. It might not be so hard to look at if I thought it was some weird kind of plant.
I am very fascinated by many things, and I'm sure I will enjoy knowing more about this creature. But, I sure can't look at it without feeling queesy.
It's from the sponge family.
Ethan
Something from the sea.
Hester
It's an eel.
Blake
Post a Comment