Saturday, April 17, 2010

My New Toy

Last weekend while we were in Lubbock, we made a stop at K-Mart. We may have been two of the only people that were sad they closed our K-Marts here in Big A, but regardless, we do like K-Mart and always stop in while in Lubbock. (Let me regress for a minute. While we were at the Nunn Warehouse Show we had just asked if Nunn sold under the counter mount t.v.’s to which they replied “No.”) So as we were wandering around K-Mart I noticed on the clearance shelf an under the counter mount t.v.  I asked Kevin if we could get it and he agreed. It sat on the dining room table for a few days while we waited for the cable company to come install a new outlet in the kitchen. I’ve always had a t.v. in the kitchen but after the transfer to digital it didn’t work any more. It was so funny when the cable guy got here. I showed him where I wanted the outlet and then he saw the old t.v. He said, “Hmmm, miss I don’t think that t.v. will work with cable.” I laughed and told him we had a new t.v. to install and then showed it to him. Actually the old t.v. did have a cable outlet, but I’m not sure it worked. Besides it was time for a newer modern digital t.v. As I was reading the directions I noticed it said you needed a drill to install. My drill had died so it was now off to Wally World to get a new drill. The first step was to tape the template into position so you would know where to make the drill holes.
2010_04_14_7339
Check!
Next came the fun part of drilling them out in a close place while laying under the cabinet. One thing I do miss about wearing glasses is ‘stuff’ getting in my eyes. I didn’t have any safety goggles so sunglasses had to do.
2010_04_14_7340
Cool huh?
2010_04_14_7342
Never mess with a woman and her drill.  “I am strong. I am invincible. I am woman . . . “ He-he.
2010_04_14_7345
Tightening the screws. Getting them lined up with the holes in the top of the unit, holding it all together and screwing it in was a little tricky. I needed a few extra hands. I made Kevin help me hold it until I got them all in and started. He was taking the photos for me.
2010_04_14_7347
Standing on a ladder was too hard. Standing on the counter worked just fine. Thank goodness I’m short enough to get up there.
2010_04_14_7350
All done. It even has a built in DVD player.
2010_04_14_7353
Now when I’m working in the kitchen, I can either listen to a CD, radio or watch t.v. I love it.
2010_04_14_7351
One of the best features is it swivels so I can see the screen while washing dishes or swivel it the other direction to watch while I’m at the stove. When finished, swivel it all the way around and fold it up until next time.
2010_04_14_7352
I love my new toy. Thanks Kevin.
blue leelee

4 comments:

Tina said...

Jealous.....
I love it! And you look great with your glasses and drill! We always go to KMart too!

Anonymous said...

That's good that you got a set you can watch while busy in the kitchen. My small TV doesn't work since the change in technology either. I miss it. You did a good job. Love, Mom

Darla said...

I've often thought about having one in the kitchen. I don't actually even "watch" tv when I'm sitting in the tv rom with Lance most of the time. I am messing around on my computer, with my secondary focus on the tv, I guess you would say. So, in the kitchen, I probably wouldn't actually pay attention to it either, but am familiar with the noise. There are some programs I would watch and it would make dishwashing (by hand) go a lot quicker if my mind were distracted. I don't know if our cabinets hang down too low or not. I know you will have fun with your new toy.

Anonymous said...

Have drill will travel! Do you make house calls? I need to learn how to use the drill, because I get tired of waiting on Ken to do stuff for me! I would love a little TV in the kitchen! I'm putting that on my wish list for Christmas! Great job Linda! Kevin you did a good job on the photos too! Cheryl

Post a Comment