How can you tell if it has rained too much? First of all if the grass “squishes” when you walk on it is a good indication. There might even be puddles in the grass. Another sign of too much rain. I hate to complain. Lord knows we need the moisture here in the mini-Sahara. Here are the reasons I know we have receive too much rain. Our yard has been taken over by mushrooms. We have at least five different varieties growing. I have no idea if they are poisonous and have not intention of finding out. I do like looking at them.
Specimen One. I think these are so cute. Mini umbrellas for all that rain.
The underside of specimen one. All black. Doesn’t look too appetizing to me.
Specimen two. Little pleated buttons.
Specimen three. This one is one of the weird ones. It grows in a shaft. No topper or button. Beautiful in it’s own way.
Specimen four. I call this one the big brain. It was about the size of a coaster and kind of flat.
The mushroom village. I could almost envision fairies living under these.
Specimen five. Fringed and black. Doesn’t look good to me at all. Almost alien-like.
Another kind I think. It may be the “brain” kind, but it didn’t look the same, although I am no mushroom expert.
Believe it or not, the weatherman is calling for even more rain. I’m afraid the mushrooms may completely take over. Anyone up for mushroom soup????
3 comments:
Wow - great pictures! I liked the village - it was my favorite!
Great pictures but I am with you when it comes to eating them. I will rely on the shop bought ones.
We don't have mushrooms that I have observed, but we have a great crop of dandelions and lambsquarter. They are edible too,But we aren't that desperate yet. I liked your pictures. Love, Mom
Post a Comment