Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Family Photo

Hey, here it is Friday again. I have been busy all week keeping Bryson for Courtney and Chris so they can pack to move this weekend. Bryson is really a good baby, but is trying to cut his first teeth and is a little cranky. I tried like everything to take a good picture of him for his six month birthday, but out of the hundreds I took I really never got a really great one, then today, he had a spider bite or at least that is what we think it is, on his face and was really cranky so I'll try again later.

Now on to today's family photo. This Friday is for two of my special nephews. First is my nephew Larry, or Avi as most of us call him. He was the first male in our family for over forty years so we all thought he was mighty special. We called him "Biggy" for at least the first year or two. He definitely thought he was big and not a baby. He turned one in 1976 and boy was that a celebration. It was the year of the Bi-Centenial Celebration for America and the fireworks were phenomenal. Of course Biggy thought they were for him. Avi lived with Kevin and I while he went to West Texas A&M and then he moved to Big D. After he and Janine married they lived in Virginia for most of their marriage so we really didn't get to see them that often. We were so happy when they moved back to Texas a couple of years ago. I cooked a big family dinner last night to celebrate his birthday. Here's to you Avi. I love you.






Next, I want to give a shout out to my nephew Blake. Actually he is my great nephew, but that makes me sound so old, unless you say Leelee, my great aunt! Then, it's not too bad. I hope all my nieces and nephews do think I'm great. When Blake was born Hester and Brian lived in Alabama so we didn't get to see as much of him when he was really small. They have lived between Texas and Alabama for much of his life but we are also happy they now live in Texas where we get to be part of his life. Blake loves anything Star Wars. He was so cute when we built their new bunk beds. He was so proud and showed everyone that entered their apartment, "Our new bunk beds that I built!" It's hard to believe he is turning eleven on Sunday. Blake has one of the sweetest spirits of any kid I know. He is so helpful with the little ones and they just love him. So here's to you Blake, happy birthday. I love you buddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment