I thought I'd do a post about our relaxing stay at
Three Falls Cove Kevin and I had for our 24th Anniversary. Actually Randy and Tina had given me the certificate for my birthday but I had misplaced it. I just found it a couple of months ago and called to see if we could still use it. You can read that post
here. We have stayed there a couple of times and always stay in the private cabin. Even though it is only about a 45 minute drive from Amarillo, you don't feel like you are close to home at all. There is a pond on the property that is fed by a fresh water spring. It is so calm and peaceful. We always go over to the
Lake Meredith Marina for a little outing and feed the catfish. I forgot my camera so no pictures. It is kind of freaky as there are so many and they are all fighting for the popcorn we fed them that some of the fish are actually pushed up out of the water. There is lots of flipping and flopping going on, with lots of fish mouths gaping open. It looks like you could almost walk across the top of the fish because there are so many of them. We are going back in September and I will be sure to photograph the spectacle then. Rebecca makes a gourmet breakfast. We had quiche, fresh fruit, lemon pound cake, fresh orange juice, milk and coffee. If you are looking for a quick, peaceful get-away I would definitely recommend Three Falls Cove. Tell Rebecca Linda and Kevin sent you. Here are some pictures I took.

This is the main lodge. There are beds for 16.

The happy couple in front of the fireplace
inside the lodge.

Looking back at the main lodge from down by the gazebo.

The private cabin where we stay.

The fresh spring creek that feeds into the pond.

The Three Falls that feed the fresh water pond.

Looking across the pond back at the lodge and cabin.

The gazebo through the trees. Kevin and I enjoy going down there at night and watching the fireflies and listening to the bullfrogs.

Looking at the gazebo from the lodge deck.

This is the view we enjoyed out of the cabin window while we were having our gourmet breakfast.
1 comment:
It looks so peaceful! Glad you could get away for the day!
Post a Comment