Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Family Photo

Wow! I can't believe it's already Friday again. My how flime ties time flies! Anyway today's family post is in honor of my niece Hester. We have been through a lot together and have laughed, cried, danced and prayed our way through it. Hester has grown into a lovely woman and is a great mom to her two boys. She always puts others before herself, even when it would be in her best interest to think of herself. Even if she feels like crap poo, she is always ready to jump in and lend a helping hand. She truly is a compassionate soul. She just celebrated her 32nd birthday this week on June 10th, so Happy Birthday Hestee, I love you.


I love this picture of Hester. She was spending the night with Aunt Linda. I took this picture of her standing on my porch when I had returned home after college to teach. She was about five years old. This picture was taken in the early nineties when Hester lived with me and Kevin. Every year Austin Jr. High ( now Austin Middle School) had Austin Days. All the girls would dress and Southern
Belles and the guys would dress as Confederate Soldiers. On Friday morning all the students would gather at one of the homes in the area
and parade in their regalia to school. There would be a dance that night. I think this is the first time Hester had a date with Brian, who later became her husband. What a beauty!




Photobucket








2 comments:

Tina said...

I love that Hester girl! She is so sweet and loves with her whole heart!! Great pictures! Thanks for the cry!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet. Hester has turned out to be a wonderful person. I love her very much! Love, Mom

Post a Comment