First photo is
of my parents honoring their 56th anniversary on Tuesday, June 9th. I know they had their struggles and disagreements, but they stuck it out for the long run. Six years ago we had a very lovely 50th Anniversary Party that was the talk of Littlefield for at least a month or two. We had hired some bagpipe players and that really was the talk of town. So Mom and Dad, congratulations on taking your vows seriously and staying together even through the rough times. I love you both.
of my parents honoring their 56th anniversary on Tuesday, June 9th. I know they had their struggles and disagreements, but they stuck it out for the long run. Six years ago we had a very lovely 50th Anniversary Party that was the talk of Littlefield for at least a month or two. We had hired some bagpipe players and that really was the talk of town. So Mom and Dad, congratulations on taking your vows seriously and staying together even through the rough times. I love you both.The second photo is of
Kevin's mom and dad. Their 55th anniversary would have been Wednesday, June 10th. They too stuck it out through good times and bad. Their marriage endured births of four children, the death of their oldest son, the death of all their parents and the stresses of being in the military and the stress of Carl being the president of an up-and-coming business. I was fortunate enough to know both of them and I thank them for giving me my wonderful husband, their son, Kevin.Last but not least is
me and Kevin. I just love this picture of us. It is after our wedding and we were both pooped out. I was so sick with tonsillitis. We just sat down on the steps at the church for a few minutes and the photographer snapped this photo. I think it really portrays how you feel on your wedding day. Glad the day is finally here and even more glad when it is over. Our anniversary is Monday, June 8th. It will be our 24th anniversary. Just as I said before for the other anniversaries, it has not always been easy, but who ever said marriage was easy. I especially want to thank Kevin for putting up with me and my "clan" of a family. He is just not accustomed to the dynamics of a "clan" and it still gets on his nerves, but he puts up with us anyway. I'm looking forward to many more years together and hope our marriage only lasts as long as both of our parents. I love you honey.
2 comments:
That was wonderful, Linda! Thank you for remembering us in such a nice way. I enjoyed reading about Carl and Bernice, too. I remember when you and Kevin got married. It was quite hectic.Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope you get to celebrate it in some wonderful way, and have many more!Love, Mom
Happy belated greetings for your anniversary. I knew it was your anniversary yesterday and wanted to call, but was in a conference all day and didn't get an opportunity go slip out and use the phone. I love this picture.
I hope to see you soon.
Love Ya Both!
ddd
Post a Comment