Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Family Photo


Today's photo is of my great grandmother on my mother's side of the family. Her name was Effie Privett. Last week I posted about my Grandma Enloe and Grandma Privett was her mother. I think I was about ten when she passed away. I remember going to visit her in the nursing home in Slaton, Texas as a very small child. It was always a little frightening with all the smells, yelling and dank hallways. I remember one time a patient grabbed me and pulled me into her room. I was always scared when we went to visit. I think Grandma Privett lived in Slaton before going to the nursing home, but the only memories I have of her are in the home. She had three children, my grandma Jewel, another daughter Vernon and a son George. She had eight grandchildren and more than twenty great grandchildren.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Effie Privett's Maiden name was Raines. She married George when she was 15 years old. Her family had moved to Texas from Alabama.When Effie's father died, her mother returned to Alabama to be near her family. She lived 79 years and was a sweet christian lady. Love, Mom

Tina said...

Wow - I love it! She LOOKS like a sweet Christian woman!

Post a Comment