Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Family Photo

I know I haven't posted much this week. It has been a different week for me. We attended a funeral Sunday afternoon and then later that day found out a family friend had passed away in a tragic situation. His funeral was today. Also, Kevin's computer has been sick and in the repair shop all week so we have been sharing my computer so there hasn't been much time to post. We got Kevin's computer back late yesterday afternoon so things are finally settling down to normal. We also went to the midnight showing of Wolverine last night so I have really been out of it today from lack of sleep. I told Kevin we were getting too old to do that. Yesterday I hung out with Courtney and Bryson and took some great pictures. Here is one of my favorites. It is not my family photo for the week, but could be. Isn't he adorable? He is really coming into his personality and since he is now past his official due date he is more alert and staying awake for longer periods of time. He still sounds like a kitty "meowing" when he cries, which is not very often. He is a really good baby.

Now for my family photo for the week. This is one of my favorite photos of me and my sisters. I still remember the day it was taken as if it were yesterday. Darla just barely had her drivers license and we decided we would go sneak to the photo studio and have a picture of the four girls for mom for Mother's Day. Darla was sixteen, I was thirteen, Lavonna was eight and DeAnna was five. We planned very carefully to get all our clothes, shoes, accessories, electric hair rollers and anything else we might need, in the car without mom knowing. I don't remember what story we came up with as to why we needed the little girls with us, but it worked and we were out of the house. We rushed to the studio, changed all our clothes and got fancied up and took the photo. Then we had to change back into our clothes we left the house in and get everything loaded back up in the car and return home like nothing had happend. I can't believe we pulled it off and that the little sister's didn't blab. (Little sisters always blab when big sisters tell them "Don't tell.) Mom was very surprised when she got the framed picture, or at least she acted surprised. She never did tell if she found out what we had been up to which is quite an accomplishment in a small town like Littlefield where EVERYONE knows who you are and who your parents are. Anyway, it is still one of my favorite pictures of us girls.

2 comments:

Tina said...

What a sweet picture of Bryson...I like the flowers in the background too - looks like spring!
I also liked the family photo - what a wonderful surprise! Your Mom & Dad are so proud of you girls!

Anonymous said...

That was a big surprise. It made me wonder what else you girls were up to that we didn't know about! I still treasure the picture. Love, Mom

Post a Comment