

I can't believe it is already Friday again. I still haven't dug through my stuff for some really "old" pictures, so again I will use one I have saved on my computer. Again, it's older than most of you reading this. Since Easter is close at hand, I thought these pictures would be perfect for Family Friday. Notice the date on the side of the photos. Even though it says August, that must have been the month mom got them developed as I know for a fact it was Easter Sunday. Don't we all look snappy? I know mom made Darla's, mine and Lavonna's dresses, as well as her own. I'm not sure about De's, but mom you can always comment and straighten out the story. Obviously I had already started slipping way off the growth chart as Lavonna and I are almost the same size, yet I am five years older. According to the date, I would have been ten and Lavonna would have been five. De would have been two and Darla would have been thirteen. When we girls would go with mom to town, people always thought Darla was De's mom. I'm sure we had people scratching their heads trying to figure out the family dynamics. Things haven't changed much, as every time we go on a "Sister Trip" these days, no one can figure out who the real sisters are. Easter was always an important day for our family. We would go to church and then go to my grandparents for lunch and Easter Egg hunt. Like I've said in many posts before, we didn't have much money, but we never lacked for what was important. Thanks mom and dad, I love you both.
3 comments:
I have some old photos with dates on the side and you are correct that is the date they were developed. If you remember back then it used to take a long time to use up a reel of film then you would take it out of the camera and wait until you had enough saved up to pay for developing. Not a bit like today. Snap, delete, or print. Instant pictures. I went for a walk this afternoon took pics and had them on my blog in less than 1 hour.
I love this! You girls were so cute! I may have to copy your idea...hope you don't mind!
We did look good,didn't we? I don't remember If I made Darla's, Lavonna's, or your dresses, but I know I didn't make mine or De's. I made lots of dresses for you girls, but I didn't like to make my own clothes. Love, Mom
Post a Comment