Monday, March 23, 2009
Little Details
I love it when God reminds us (me) that He even cares about the little details of our lives. Most of you regular readers know we got a Wii a couple of weeks ago. I have thoroughly loved learning how to use it and especially like the Wii Fit. I have been faithful to do at least 30 minutes a day of yoga, strength training, aerobics and balance training. I usually do more like an hour because it can be addicting. Anyway, Saturday someone asked if we had connected our Wii to the Internet so I started checking out how to do that. I knew because of my laptop connection that I would need the WEP key to get past the security firewall. I have a paper that I printed out when I installed our new router that has all that information. I am very diligent about keeping the paper on my part of the side table that is between our recliners in the den. So Saturday night I went to get the paper with the settings and couldn't find it. I took all the books and magazines out of the table and went through them individually and the paper was NOT there. I was upset, but thought maybe I didn't replace it after the last time we had guests that used it to log on their laptop. I went through the house looking in all the hiding places I store things, all the while asking, "God please help me find that paper." It was not in any of the places. I went back to the den and looked all through the computer desk cubbies and drawer. Again, no paper! "Please God help me find that paper." I checked on the desktop computer in the settings folder hoping I could find the WEP key, but again nothing. Once more I took everything out of the side table and went through all the books and magazines one by one, but no luck. Still no paper! I had pretty much put it out of my head for Sunday as we were really busy. By the time we got everything done and back home and all the groceries put away, dogs fed and eaten dinner, it was about 8:00 p.m. when I sat down for the first time in my chair in the den. I just happened to catch something white out of the corner of my eye when I turned my head to say something to Kevin. I pulled it out and you will NEVER believe it but it was the paper with the WEP key. There is NO way it was there before, but there it was sitting right on top in plain sight. The only explanation is that God put it there. Don't you just love it when that happens? It's comforting to me to know that God does care about the details and can even do something as simple as placing a paper where it can be found. Thank you God for caring about the little details of our lives.
Labels:
small details,
Wii
2 comments:
Don't you love it!! When tat happens it sort of freaks me out...then I remember Who is in control here! Thanks for sharing. Great blog!
Glad to hear you enjoy your WII Fit. I now know two ladies that have one and like it. I had been thinking of buying myself one last Christmas but thought maybe I wouldn't be able to use. One friend I will see when I go to England so I may try it out then. It is amazing when God leads to lost items so miracuously. I really shouldn't put words that Ican't spell on a teacher's webpage!! I thought I could spell it when I started.
Post a Comment