Not really much to blog about today, but I'm sure I can think of something to ramble on about. Yesterday was another crazy day. Hester is still misplaced from moving into her apartment so most of the time we have her little dog Duchess. She is really sweet and not much trouble, but four house dogs is pushing the limits. Thank goodness she is a toy schnauzer and only weighs about 7 pounds. The last weekend Hester went to Lubbock, her mom told her she had to bring the turtle back with her. I'll give you one guess where the turtle is. That's right, with Leelee and Kevin. Well, we know nothing about turtles and Hester really didn't give us any instructions other than feed him twice a day. Well, with in one day the tank was a totally swamp and smelled terrible. It stunk up the laundry room, the garage and Kevin had left his car window down so the car also smelled like turtle swamp! I called Hester to come clean out the tank, so she came by and started draining it, but then got a phone call that one of the boys needed to be picked up from school early. She got distracted with other things and never made it back to finish the tank. I had already promised Mallory I would help her create her blog this week, so Kevin and I went to pick her up from school. I felt bad for Snappy that he was just in a tub with no water, but Mallory only had a couple of hours until it was time to go to youth group at church and we had to fit dinner in. I just left Snappy in the laundry room drying out. Poor thing. We got to a good stopping point with Mallory's blog and then went to dinner. We took Mallory to church and then came home. I told Kevin I was going to finish the turtle tank and get Snappy back in his home. I changed clothes right quick and went out to the laundry room to get started. There are these three large flat rocks that are in his tank so he can get out of the water so I did my best to position them where Snappy could climb up on them. I made Kevin pick him up and put him in the tank as I do think that is one thing I have never done, picked up a turtle. Kevin put him on the rocks and he promptly fell over behind the back side. I was freaking out, saying, "Get him out, he's going to drown." Kevin said,"He's fine." Of course I was not satisfied with that answer so I pulled the rocks out a little so Snappy could maneuver around. Next time I checked on him he was on the front side of the rocks. I didn't see him climb out, but he did somehow. The next issue was the pump. Again, no instructions. I put it back on the side of the tank and plugged it in. I made sure the tube part was in the water deep enough and waited. I kept hearing it trying to pump, but nothing was happening. When I got through with everything it still was humming, but not pumping water. About an hour later Hester called to check on the turtle and I told her he was back in his tank but the pump was not working. She said, "Did you put water in it?" Like how would I know that!?!?!? I said, "Okay, I've had enough! I don't know anything about turtles and how to take care of them." I checked on Snappy one more time before I went to bed and he seemed to be doing fine. The pump was working and so was the heater. When will that boring, stay at home in my robe day ever come????
1 comment:
Like the new look. Well, you can't say your days are boring NOW you know about turtles. What an accomplishment. Just hope the next animal isn't a griaffe or snake,maybe it could be a sweet little kitty. But if I remember you have just had a problem with one of them. I have had stay at home in my robe days and they can be really boring.........
Post a Comment