
Today was finally a refreshing day. Once a month there is a ladies luncheon sponsored by Amarillo Christian Women's Connection, which is a sister organization of StoneCroft Ministries. I actually became acquainted with the organization a couple of years ago when I was invited to a luncheon, but being a teacher I could only attend in the summer and on Spring Break. My sister Lavonna was the local Chairperson for the past two years, so I became even more involved. Then in July when I decided to retire from teaching they asked me if I would be the new Reservations Coordinator for 2009. I have a feeling it may be longer than that, but we'll see. So back to today. It was time for our first luncheon of the year and I was just a little stressed as we had moved locations and had a new Board and Planning Team and it was our first production. We had a great response to the invitations and had over 100 reservations for today. The speakers are always so wonderful and it is amazing how diverse they all are. Today's speaker was Paula Abbott . What a tragic life she had, but Christ can make all things new. She is now an ordained minister. Anyway, during her testimony, she kept talking about "being in the pit" or "in the pit again" or "deep in the pit." My friend leaned over and said, "My pit is a puddle compared to her story." To which I replied, "Mine too, but I sure can wallow in that puddle for a long time." So that got me to thinking, "How deep is your pit?" and how God can use us no matter how deep or shallow our pit is. But we have to submit to Him so he can use our story. There will be someone that your experience or my experience will minister to and be just what they need to hear and relate to. So whether your pit is deep or shallow, get out of that pit and let God use you for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment