Sunday, September 7, 2008

So Happy To Be Retired

I talked to my friend that we left behind as the only returning kindergarten teacher at Lamar and boy am I glad I retired. It is so great to hear all the negative things going on and to know that I don't have to deal with it any more. There are many new programs this year, as well as the ESL teacher comes in to team teach, their planning period is broken into two sessions of 30 minutes, which is illegal but somehow they always get by with it, there is no more free breakfast for all (Breakfast in the Classroom) and the list goes on and on. Again, thank you Lord that I am not there. I should sleep well tonight!!!

Tomorrow is the ladies luncheon that I am now able to go to. I'm looking forward to it. The focus is breast cancer and survival. My friend Cheryl is going with me so I will be sure and give her an update on the poll for our Taos trip. So far the votes are to do both, massage and llama trek.

We had a very lovely, uneventful weekend. I didn't even get dressed Saturday. That was nice, I guess. Sometimes it's great to not have a schedule. It still takes some getting used to as up to this point I have been very schedule driven. I think I like it though. So far my daily schedule consists of: 1) getting up and feeding the dogs, 2) starting the coffee, 3) bringing in the newspaper 4) making the bed, 5) watching the morning news, 6) starting breakfast, 7) eat breakfast while reading the paper, 8) doing the word puzzles with Kevin, 9) cleaning up the kitchen, 10) getting dressed (if I feel like it) 11) turning on my computer, where I spend most of the rest of the day. What a schedule. I love it. I think I actually may try to take some pictures with my new camera this week and post some of my experiments. Check back soon and vote in the Taos poll if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment