Does life ever get on an even keel? I always think it is going to be better, but somehow life still spins crazily out of control. Everyone told me that after I retired, I would look back on things and wonder how I got everything done. They were right! I'm amazed at how busy I seem yet 7-9 hours of my day are freed up from my usual routine of teaching. I did start yoga and I love it. However, it is quite comical some of the poses. It would be fine if I didn't have a lot of "junk" in the way. Today as we were doing one of the poses, the teacher said, "It will make you taller and leaner." I said," I hope so." and cracked everybody up. Another time we were doing the "stir" pose and the lady in front of me looked like she was having a seizure of some kind. I got so tickled. It's hard to be zen when you are cracking up.
We did have a lovely evening for Janine's 30th Birthday. We went to the Amarillo Club and everything was perfect. I hope she enjoyed it as something special to celebrate a landmark in the aging process. I told her she was a real grown up now.
One of the other crazy things that happened this week is my beloved mini-van started acting up. It was chugging and sputtering like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. We took it into the shop and many hours later they finally called and said, "We found your problem. Do you have a cat?" I immediately knew what they were implying. Kevin said "Yes, we had a cat." Then the service man asked, "Have you seen him today or is he missing?" We both almost had a heart attack. I was on the verge of panic when I remembered both cats were safe and sound in the house. Then I had the thought that a stray cat had climbed up in my car motor to meet his demise. Thank goodness it was only Simon's collar. He had apparently climbed up in my motor and gotten caught on something. His collar was causing the electrical system to short out. So now my van is back to running condition and we decided not to put another collar on Simon. I'm sure he is thrilled as he is quite the hunter and it must make it easier to sneak up on his prey without his tinkle bell on.
Next craziness was a major screw up I did with my BeautiControl order. Inadvertently I placed my order on another consultants web page. It was a VERY BIG MESS! I think it is straightened out now, but needless to say I spent a sleepless night worrying about it.
Lastly, my friend Cheryl and I are planning our first ever girls trip. We are going to Taos and are really excited. We are looking for things to do in Taos. I found a place that offers Llama Excursions. I'm trying to talk her into it, but she doesn't think she's up for it. She says they spit and stink. I disagree. They have half day trips with a lunch in the middle. I think we should do it. She also has never had a massage at a spa and I am definitely going to talk her into trying that. I'm going to post a poll on my blog page. Help me convince her of what adventures we should do. And to think I was afraid retirement would be boring.
Well, I guess that's all for now. Keep checking in you never know what you will find here.
3 comments:
I think you two can survive a llama trek. The reason I think it is possible is that I survived riding a camel in the desert in Israel. Me on a camel. Yup, it actually happened.
I was like Cheryl, and did not want to do it. But, Tiffaney, my friend who took me with her to Israel did want to, and begged me to do it also.
I have some very funny pictures of me sitting on top of a big ol camel with the desert mountains in the background.
I was terrified the desert man would let the thing go and he would run off into the wild with me screaming all the way.
But it did not happen, and all turned out well. I did have some beer after that, which is totally not any more like me than riding on a camel is. But I was HOT, shaking, and felt very dirty from sitting on that beast.
Later that evening we checked into a wonderful lavish hotel on the shore of the dead sea AND had a massage.
I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Darla
One massage and she'll be hooked.
No...excuses!!
The llama trip sounds like a blast! I would go just to be able to tell the story...cause there will be a story...how many people do you know that have hiked with a llama??! When ya'll are old & around the fireplace you can laugh and say..."you remember that time you talked me into hiking a mountain with a llama??" Great memories!!
Hello! Just wanted to confirm that I did indeed have a great 30th. The best birthday I've had since I was 20! (My girlfriends took me to Lord of the Dance in Midland and we went out to eat.) Thank you Kevin and Linda for sharing a bit of heaven in Amarillo. :-)Much love! Janine
Post a Comment