Another exciting day in the Hare household today!!! One of the things Kevin and I like to do, is occasionally go to the truck stops along I-40. They have some really cool things there. The only reason I can come up with is that is probably the only store truckers ever get to shop at, so they have a little bit of everything. So . . . the other day we were going to the airport to pick up Christi and Kelly and had a little time to kill, so we stopped at the Flying-J to look around. I saw these giant beef
jerky treats (for humans). I told Kevin we should get one for the dogs. So we did. In case you don't know, the dogs are our babies and we are constantly looking for something else to spoil them with. Here is a picture of Kevin showing the dogs their big treat.

They were very excited. We decided they could smell the beef through the plastic. I couldn't but we really think they could. So we got the package opened for a little more antagonizing. We really thought it would be tough like smaller jerky and were anticipating the dogs in a jerky-tug-o-war, but once Kevin got it out of the package, he actually gave the whole thing to
Leeba, since she is blind we wanted to give her the advantage.
Leeba had barely gotten a good clinch on it till Tipper jerked a big hunk off the end. Fritz then took another chunk off the other end.
Here's Fritz

and
Leeba enjoying their share.
The schnauzers were taking their time and enjoying the bounty, but Tipper was done and begging for the last scrapes from Kevin and then looking for more in the bag.
All in all it lasted about 10 minutes. Pretty cheep entertainment for about $4.00. Needless to say the babies want more. Any suggestions????

1 comment:
Truck stopping without us?? Randy will be crushed!! Loved the story - great idea!! Are you a teacher or something?
Post a Comment