This morning I woke up with a pounding headache. After my sister-in-law's episode last month with the same thing (headache/high blood pressure resulting in a brain aneurysm and brain surgery) I decided to check my blood pressure. Sure enough it was high. 157/113. Not extremely high but high enough. I got up, took my BP med, got an ice pack and went back to bed. An hour later I checked it again and it really hadn't changed so I took 2 asprins and laid back down. An hour later I took my BP again. This time it was even higher 172/137. I decided it was time to call my Dr. I did, they said to come in at 1:00. Kevin had left the house, so since Tina had her aneurysm in the bathtub I decided I'd better let someone know I was going to take a shower. I called Hester (my niece) and told her if she didn't hear from me in thirty minutes or so to come check on me or call 911 and that I'd leave the backdoor open so someone could get in. So now to the mystery . . . Our cat Bunny has just decided in the last week that the dogs are not going to kill her and has decided she needs to be a house cat. I KNOW she was outside! I take my shower and come out of the bathroom to find Bunny and Papi snuggling in the kitchen! The only thing I can figure out is Papi jumped on the door and let her in. Silly animals.
As for my BP it's slowly coming down but my Dr. had an emergency and called me in a prescription. I took my new pill and am now going to take a nap.
Leelee
No comments:
Post a Comment