Back in October when we went to Canadian for the Fall Leaf Festival, one of the places we enjoyed looking around was a iron work store. They had some things they made there on the premises and other things they imported from Mexico. I was eyeing a metal donkey from Mexico and really wanted it but decided against buying it. Then I put it on my blog later with a photo that I sure would like to have had that donkey for the patio. Kevin never forgot it and several times since then has said, "Let's drive back up to Canadian to get that donkey." I kept telling him "No. We could just get it in the Fall when we went back for the Fall Festival." We even went as far as calling the metal shop back in March to see if they still had them. The lady said she got them from Mexico and wouldn't have them until after April, first of May. In the meantime we were at a red light here in town and I looked out the window and low and behold, there was a new Yard Shop opened up and sure enough they had those donkeys. We drove by a couple of times, but it never looked like it was open. Then Friday we were out running some errands and Kevin said, "I'm going by the metal shop to see if they are open so I can buy that donkey for you." They were open so I am now the proud owner of a metal donkey from Mexico.
Isn't he cute. I just love him. He's so bright and colorful. Kevin didn't think he was the same so I had to go back to the archives of my blog and show him, yes indeed it is exactly like the one in Canadian. We thought the dogs might be scared of him, but they weren't. So did you guess what my surprise was? I bet most women wouldn't be happy with a Mexican metal donkey for their anniversary, but I was thrilled. I know. . . . I'm strange like that.

Isn't he cute. I just love him. He's so bright and colorful. Kevin didn't think he was the same so I had to go back to the archives of my blog and show him, yes indeed it is exactly like the one in Canadian. We thought the dogs might be scared of him, but they weren't. So did you guess what my surprise was? I bet most women wouldn't be happy with a Mexican metal donkey for their anniversary, but I was thrilled. I know. . . . I'm strange like that.

2 comments:
That is pretty strange, but he is cute, and if you wanted it I'm glad Kevin got it for you.
I love it! It is so colorful and cute!
Post a Comment