The other day when we bought the DVD Tangled, it was a drizzling dreary day. As we entered the Walgreen's they had a display with children's character umbrellas such as Sponge Bob, Tinkerbell, Disney Princesses etc. I remember all the kids through the years of teaching kindergarten would love their umbrellas and any day there was even the tiniest hint of moisture they would bring their umbrellas to school. Since we live in the "mini" Sahara the actual need for an umbrella is scarce. But . . . . since it was such a dreary day and we would be seeing the kids later that day I couldn't resist buying them new umbrellas. And just as I suspected they were
THRILLED. They immediately wanted to go outside and try them out. First we gave Shailee and Akili their umbrellas.
They had a great time walking in the "rain."
Then I saw Avi driving by to go pick up Tzipi and Zee from school, so I told him to stop back by on their way home. They too were just as thrilled and were dancing, twirling and spinning in the grass with their umbrellas.
It's a blessing to be able to give something so simple to the children and make them so happy. Those are some good memories.
Tina has asked me to keep Christina on Monday afternoon so be sure and check back as I'm sure I'll have the camera out.
No comments:
Post a Comment