Mandatory Family Fun! That's actually a phrase my sister coined many years ago when her family lived in Colorado. Every Thursday night was Mandatory Family Fun night. She had two teenagers that were not so excited to spend time with family therefore it was "mandatory." It still cracks me up. Anyway, this weekend was a lot of family fun, not that it was mandatory, just voluntary. My younger sister and her kids came up on Friday night and the festivities began. But before the weekend even got here, I had been driving myself crazy working on editing all the photos I have been taking. Some of them are pressing matters like graduation, engagements and the Parade of Homes. And that my friends is why I haven't been blogging. Thankfully all those jobs are winding down. So back to our family weekend. I can't even remember what we did Friday night. Then Saturday we all went over to my niece's house to make cake balls and dye eggs. Lavonna and I had to make a mad dash to the store to get our last Easter goodies for the kids eggs. Then Saturday night we had our family meal over at our house. It was a little crowded but worked out fine. Everything was delicious. Then after dinner we all gathered around my laptop and Skyped with my niece and her family that moved away in February. That was a blast, but made me miss them. Finally everyone cleared out and I started getting everything ready for Sunday and the egg hunt. We went to church and then out for lunch. Originally everyone was supposed to come back to our house for left-overs, but Kevin wanted to go out. The plan was to have the egg hunt at 2:00 at my niece's house, but things changed and we decided to come back to mine and Kevin's. The weather couldn't have been better. Of course I first had to take photos. (Check Deonne Day Off) and then it was time to finish stuffing all the eggs. It was crazy. I know we had 500 eggs or more. The big kids had decided they needed to hunt too so we add stuff for them. Kevin was not too excited about the confetti eggs, but it wasn't too bad. There are still a few remnants in the yard, but they will eventually blow away or the lawn mower will get rid of them. Every morning when Kevin has brought in the paper he has found another egg the kids didn't find. So far they have all been plastic, thankfully. After the egg hunt, I cleared everyone out so I could get started on the food I needed to prepare to take to Kevin's dad's. We got there about 5:30. The weather was still beautiful. It's rare that we have calm, sunny days and especially on Easter. It is usually windy, sandy or even snowing. You could definitely tell Spring was in the air. All the geese had goslings. They were so cute. We didn't get too close though. I've seen those goose videos on T.V. and I didn't want to be in one. After some fishing, we went inside to eat again. We really had a very nice time. After we got back home, De and her crew came back over so we could go through all the photos I had taken. After she left to go back to the camp ground, Colton and Kamille decided we needed to play a game. Of course they picked one that we had never played before. It was fun but complicated. We finally wrapped it up at 2:00 A.M. Next day it was back to business. Everyone came back over for breakfast. Then Colton and Kamille left for home and De and I finalized Colton's graduation announcements. Finally about 3:00 all was quiet. Then yesterday and today it was back to the photography business. So now you know where I've been and what I've been up to. Here are a few photos, but there will be other on my private blog. I hope you had as memorable Easter/Resurrection Sunday as we did. Blessings to you and yours.
 |
| Sa*antha and her haul. She had barely started! |
 |
The gang searching for eggs on the side of the house. We had found Colton's phone and wallet when we were stuffing eggs, so we hid them in a drawer and put a paper in an egg and told him his prize was a cell phone and a wallet. |
 |
| Everybody checking out their loot. |
 |
| One of the mother geese sitting on her nest. She was NOT happy we were so close. |
 |
Another family. It was so sweet. The mom and dad always kept the goslings between them.
|
By the way, in case you were wondering who Colton is, he is Kamille's boyfriend.

3 comments:
I love your pictures! The one of Daniel and Hester is PERFECT! I am so glad God brought them together....they look so happy, perfect and healthly together.
They are all great pictures! I am so proud of our family! Everyone loves each other and enjoys being together (for a little while! Ha Ha). I'm glad you all had a good time. Love, Mom
It was a perfect Easter/Resurrection Sunday. We had such a good time and will have fond memories of that day for a long time. A perfect way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Post a Comment