This is a recipe that Kevin's Aunt Kathy always made for family gatherings. I'm just glad I got the family recipe before she passed away. Aunt Kathy was Kevin's mom Berenice's sister. Sunday night we had a small Hare Family get-to-gather and I was supposed to bring dessert. At first I thought I might make a cake or custard cups, but I didn't want to be rushed and cooking all afternoon so I decided to make Banana Flambe'.
I hope you try it, but be ready for some calories. It is definitely NOT low-cal. I will have a link for a printable version at the end of the post.
You will need pudding mix, milk, vanilla, condensed milk, sour cream, whipped cream, bananas and vanilla wafers.
Ingredients minus a few. I forgot the condensed milk and sour cream for the photo.
Mix the pudding according to package directions. I have found that very cold milk works best.
Add the teaspoon of vanilla.
Fold in the sour cream.
Next stir in the condensed milk. I always have to have a spoonful. Is there anyone out there that does the same? I could eat a can of that stuff! That's why I only buy it when I am going to use it all immediately.
Finally, fold in half the container of whipped cream.
Put the first layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a large dish. I like to use a rectangular pan so they can lay flat on the bottom.
Spoon a layer of the pudding mixture over the bananas.
Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the bananas and cookie layer.
Then do it all again. Repeat: cookies, bananas and pudding.
And repeat again if you have enough pudding mixture to make another layer.
Almost done. Now spread the other half of the whipped cream on the very top. Resist digging in if you can. It's definitely better once it has all melded together and the cookies have softened.
Final step, crumble some vanilla wafers on the top for a cookie crumble topping.
Delicious! It will definitely be the hit at family gatherings and pot-luck dinners.

If you are a member of my private blog hop on over to Deonne Day Off to see photos from our family gathering this weekend. Here's the link for you mom. Go here.
I hope you try it, but be ready for some calories. It is definitely NOT low-cal. I will have a link for a printable version at the end of the post.
You will need pudding mix, milk, vanilla, condensed milk, sour cream, whipped cream, bananas and vanilla wafers.
Ingredients minus a few. I forgot the condensed milk and sour cream for the photo.
Add the teaspoon of vanilla.
Fold in the sour cream.
Next stir in the condensed milk. I always have to have a spoonful. Is there anyone out there that does the same? I could eat a can of that stuff! That's why I only buy it when I am going to use it all immediately.
Finally, fold in half the container of whipped cream.
Put the first layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a large dish. I like to use a rectangular pan so they can lay flat on the bottom.
Next add a layer of sliced bananas.
Spoon a layer of the pudding mixture over the bananas.
Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the bananas and cookie layer.
Then do it all again. Repeat: cookies, bananas and pudding.
And repeat again if you have enough pudding mixture to make another layer.
Almost done. Now spread the other half of the whipped cream on the very top. Resist digging in if you can. It's definitely better once it has all melded together and the cookies have softened.
Final step, crumble some vanilla wafers on the top for a cookie crumble topping.
Delicious! It will definitely be the hit at family gatherings and pot-luck dinners.
Cover with plastic wrap or press and seal wrap and put in the refrigerator to set. Here is the printable version. Click here. Please let me know if you try it and if you were the hit of the party. Lick the beaters for me!
If you are a member of my private blog hop on over to Deonne Day Off to see photos from our family gathering this weekend. Here's the link for you mom. Go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment