Sunday, January 9, 2011

Preparing For Another Winter Blast


According to the weatherman, we are headed for a rough couple of days. Of course the local weathermen don't agree on exactly when and where the storm front will hit. I know predicting the weather is not an exact science and I think God gets a chuckle out of us humans trying to predict His weather patterns. Eccl 1:6 says, " The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, (NIV) I just know I would hate to be a weatherman here in Amarillo. The saying generally holds true," If you don't like the weather, just wait a day, it will change." Boy is that right. I remember some of the crazy weather we've had since I've lived here. High seventy degrees one day, a blizzard two days later. Sand storms of Biblical proportions. We've had rain, snow, sleet, hail and lightening all in one day. The other night we went to the movies and when we were on our way home it was raining mud. The sand was blowing and there were just enough rain droplets to make mud-drops. You should have seen everyone's cars. There were a mess. I tried going to the car wash three times before I finally got through. The lines were so long it would have taken three or four hours to wait.  It's definitely crazy. I suppose that won't be changing anytime soon. Well, I guess the weather will be changing if our history of weather continues.That's part of what makes living here interesting.


blue leelee

No comments:

Post a Comment