Materials you will need:
newspaper
paper plate
sponge paint brush
paper doilies (Get these at the Dollar Tree. I used the large 10 1/2 size.)
fabric paint
stencil letters for monogram ( I cut mine from Cricut vinyl before I started the project)
plain, solid color bags
Here are the bags I got at Hobby Lobby. They were 8" X 11" ( I think) and there were four in a package for $6.99. (At least I think that is the right price.)
Next, I covered the table with newspaper just in case I got messy. Pour the fabric paint on the paper plate.
I used matte paint and I liked the way it turned out.
Position the doilie on the bag. I placed mine on the right half. Kevin thought it should be centered, but I was just following the example. Carefully sponge the paint into the holes of the doilie. On my example I got sponge happy and didn't pay attention around the edges and went off the doilie onto the bag. Oops! Thankfully it was my own bag that I experimented with. I also was impatient and didn't let the doilie circle dry before I put on the monogram, so more smudges. On all the gift ones, I laid them out to dry before doing the monogram.
Carefully remove the doilie and it should look something like this. Place the bag somewhere to dry.
After it dries place your stencil in the center of the painted circle. I used my Cricut vinyl which worked great because it stuck to the bag for the stencil painting.
Carefully sponge on the fabric paint, again being careful to stay within the boundaries. It's easy to go paint crazy and get out of the lines.
Carefully remove the stencil and it should look similar to this. Place the bag aside to let the paint dry.
After the bag dried I filled the bag with puzzle books and pencil, candy, hand sanitizer, ear plugs, crackers and cookies. I thought they turned out really cute and we got there early enough to place them in everyone's rooms before they arrived.
A nice little personal touch if I say so myself. Try it. They are really easy to make.









4 comments:
SHUT UP!! This is just TOO CUTE!!
I know. Don't you just love it! The total cost per bag was less than $5 and I think they look worth more than that.
Linda, I loved my little bag, and everything else you did to make our family time so special. I know you stress about trying to please everyone - and that ain't gonna happen. In Judaism there's an old saying: if you have two rabbis you will get at least three opinions. And I would say the same thing goes for our family - or actually any group of people. I appreciate all the hard work you put in, and everything you put up with to pull it off. I love spending time there at that beautiful place with our family - quirky as we are. And your little goodie bags were a welcome and special addition to the fun. I am using my bag as my Ipod bag with my cords and earplugs all together now. I love you! Darla
I love mine! You are so creative, and I always appreciate everything you do to make our time there so special. I know everyone does. Thank you for being such a special person! Love, Mom
Post a Comment