Here are a couple of photos.
Check out that perfect red hourglass shape on her belly. Gives me the creeps just looking at the photo.
Here she is protecting her egg sac. Super creepy. I'm surprised I could even sleep last night and didn't have nightmares.
We did show the kids because to the best of my recollection that is the first and hopefully last Black Widow I will ever see in person. I'm thinking about calling the exterminator today as we have seen a big influx of spiders in the last couple of weeks. I think we are surely going to have an early Fall.



7 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That totally freaked me out! You guys are braver than me! How did you get it in the jar?
I'm not sure how Kevin got it in the jar. It was a done deal when I got home. I probably would have stomped it right then and there.
I say kill it. Yuck.
Oh my gosh - this freaked me out! I thought I may have seen one before but after viewing the picture I have NEVER seen one and PRAY I don't! Thank goodness you found it before the egg hatched!!! I appreciate Kevin's pro-life outlook but I say KILL. Randy says KILL it! Randy showed John the pictures and told him to run if he ever sees a spider like this and John said BAD. AWESOME pictures!!
I also say kill them both! After my scare with a spider - I don't want anymore than we have to have in Amarillo.
If it weren't deadly posionous I would let it go but they are very dangerous. Kill it. I hate them. We have them here, called redbacks and the red part is on the back not underside.
Wow! are you going to keep it for a pet!? Mom
Post a Comment