Saturday, July 3, 2010

Status of My Injury

I just thought I'd do a quick update on the status of my heel. I didn't get any sleep on Wednesday night.  No matter how I turned, twisted, propped or laid I just couldn't get comfortable. When I work up Thursday morning it looked worse than ever and was really oozy. (Is oozy a word???) Anyway, I told Kevin, "I think I better go to the doctor." So we called and I could see the doctor at 10:15. We scurried around and just made it. One look and he said, "Oh, that looks bad. It's definitely infected." He wrote me a prescription for an oral antibiotic and a topical one, and gave me bandages and bright pink wrap. It is feeling better but if I'm up on it too much it starts throbbing again. I'll spare you photos as it looks totally disgusting. I don't know how long it will take it to heal as it has to grow new skin. There are about three layers missing. I guess it could be worse, at least I didn't break anything. It's surprising how much you use the heel of your foot. Have you ever tried to get out of a recliner without using both heels. It's pretty comical. Kevin always says, "What are you doing?" Driving is a little challenging as it is my right heel and the dogs are constantly stepping on it or bumping it. I can't wear shoes so I constantly jumping around trying to protect it. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and get well wishes. I'll keep you posted, but I think I'll be just fine.
blue leelee

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am so glad you went to the doctor! I am praying it heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are experiencing complications. I hope it heals quickly now since you got antibiotics. It is very inconvenient when you can't get around easily.Keep us posted. Love, Mom

Post a Comment