Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break at Leel*e’s Place

Most of the kids look forward to coming to our house and it seems every year for Spring Break we have someone’s kids over. Yesterday and today we kept S*ra (my niece La*rie’s daughter) and Tz*pi (my nephew Avi’s daughter.) S*ra and Tz*pi are first cousins and are about a year apart in age and love to spend time together but one lives in Am*rillo and one lives in Lubbock. Yesterday after they got here we played a couple of games and then I told them we would go to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. That was a definite hit! We had a good time except the pizza was really bad this time. We ended up with 500 tickets so they both were able to choose some prizes, but not enough to get candy too. I told them we would stop at the store on the way home so they could pick out some candy. After we got home they wanted to eat their can and then play some more games. I brought all my games I made for kindergarten home and they are just perfect for the girls. We had to play each one at least three times to make sure everyone had a chance to be a winner. Tz*pi is definitely better at Hi Ho Cheerio O and S*ra is usually the winner at the Color Bear Game. Another game I made is the Birthday Cake game. They played it many times and both won several times. Finally I told them we needed to get ready for bed and they could watch The Princess and The Frog while we dozed off to sleep. One problem, Tz*pi was sleepy and S*ra was not. I turned the movie off at 10:45 and Tz*pi went right to sleep, but S*ra was NOT happy with that decision. She cried and carried on for almost an hour until she finally gave up and went to sleep.  We started off this morning with finishing the movie and then they watched t.v. while I fixed them some breakfast. After breakfast we played another round of games and then I told them I would get out the baby dolls to play with while I took a shower. They really played well together and went on quite the adventure.  They drew pictures, played outside with bubbles, napped, snacked, more games, photo session with Le*lee, and story time with Uncle KD. I think they were completely spent by the time they went home for the evening. They both were really great and KD and I both enjoy the diversion from our usual day in day out activities. We had tonight off and then tomorrow we keep Azariah for the evening. Here are photos of some of our adventures at Le*lee (and KD’s) Place.
This was after they had played babies and were just hanging out watching t.v.
2010_03_17_6931
The girls told me they had been camping. They saw a bear that “looked like a dog bear!” It was Fr*tz.
2010_03_17_6932
Playing the Birthday Cake Game.
2010_03_17_6933
Building with the Wedgits.
2010_03_17_6936

Can’t go wrong with stickers and markers.
 2010_03_17_6939
Story time with Uncle KD. Even P*pi had to get in on the act. He looks like he was smiling too. I wonder what was so funny?
2010_03_17_6977
blue leelee

2 comments:

Tina said...

What GREAT memories you have created for them! I got to spend a few spring breaks at my Aunt Janet's house in Corpus Christi and it was so much fun! She has a daycare so I was able to help her...and I felt sooo important! Thanks for bringing back memories!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the girls for a while. Looks like they had fun, too! Love, Mom

Post a Comment