I finally got around to choosing a winner from my blog post here about Cricut crafts. Amanda was the winner. Her suggestion was to put a scripture on a picture frame and then place a photo of her “desire” in the frame to remind her to pray and seek God’s delight. Here is a photo of the frame.
I must admit it was harder than I expected as the lettering kept tearing up since it was very small. I was determined to get it done. Finally in the end, a pair of really fine point tweezers and one of my Cricut tools was just what the “doctor” needed. I did feel like a surgeon placing each letter in it’s spot. I hope you like it Amanda and it is a good interpretation of your idea. I can either mail it to you or give it to you when you come to Amarillo for D-Now.
My next project is one I volunteered to do. One of my bloggy friends has had an incredible hard year (2009.) In January of 2009 their home burned and they lost practically everything. Well just last month her family was able to move into their new home. She blogged about it here. Linny mentioned she wanted to paint a scripture on the walls of the foyer. I emailed her and said I’d be happy to make her vinyl letters. I also had trouble getting the spacing just right on that project too, but I guess a little more experience will make it easier, and maybe not, but I still love my Cricut. I just mailed her off a package yesterday and can’t wait until she gets it. I so hope it is what she had in mind. If she sends me a photo I will post it so you too can see the end result. Here is a photo of the lettering ready to be applied to the wall.
As I was making this post I noticed the scripture reference on both projects . . .Ps. 34:7 and Ps. 37:4. There surely is some meaning in that coincidence of numerals. Let’s see, 3+4=7, seven is used many times in the Bible for perfect. Hmmmm…..maybe these were just two perfect projects.
1 comment:
Awww! Thanks so much Lee Lee!!! I love it! :) That is exactly what I had in mind! Don't worry about mailing it...I will be sure and get it when I come down for D-Now! Thanks again for all of the time you spent on it! :)I am soo excited!
Post a Comment