There are definite signs we are thawing out here in the Frozen Plains of Texas. We got out for about an hour yesterday and will be going to a funeral later on this afternoon. A sure sign of thawing was my snow ice cream. When I made it, I forgot I was making it for only two. I was so used to making a huge batch for my students at school that I just did as I always did and made enough for 24. We have been eating on it now for four days. Kevin was tired of snow ice cream after the second day. Yesterday we neither one wanted any. The bowl was so large it wouldn’t fit in the freezer so I have just been keeping it outside in a snow bank. Of course with a lid to keep the critters out. This morning I noticed all the snow off the roof and sidewalk was completely melted and checked the snow ice-cream. All I heard was ‘slush.’ I opened the lid and poured out most of it, but decided to let the dogs have a little treat. Fritz was not too excited about it and I didn’t want Leeba to eat too much because of her diabetes, but Tipper and Papi licked it all up.
Papi made sure he got the very last drop. I even got his pink tongue in the photo.
Guess snow ice cream is not just for humans!
2 comments:
Sounds good. We didn't have any. Larry does not care for ice cream of any kind.Wish I could have had a little though. Love, Mom
I don't remember ever having made snow ice cream. Maybe I did when the kids were little, but if I did, I don't remember it. I do remember us eating it when we were growing up. I remember mamma going out and getting a bunch of snow in some kind of huge white dishpan or something like a dish pan.
I remember how good it tasted. Yum. I wonder if Laurie made some for the girls. I don't suppose she knows how if I never did it when she was growing up.
Post a Comment