Today’s photo is in honor of my sister Darla and her birthday. Darla’s birthday was this week, Wednesday, November 11th. Darla and I have always had a close relationship and lots of memories. We spent a lot of time with our Grandma Enloe’s at her house in Amherst. We went on lots of trips with them, especially to the family reunion in Seymore. I’ve posted about Grandma before here. Anyway when Darla was born she had seven living grandmothers. Now mind you this was in the 50’s when most people stayed married and there were no blended families. I know some kids today has seven grandparents, but they might be step-grandparents. Not many people can say they had or have seven blood related grandparents. Here is the photo of Darla and her grandmas.
Left to right on the top row is Granny Dyer (Daddy’s grandmother) Grandma Enloe (Mom’s Mother) Darla, Granny Jessie (Daddy’s mother). On the bottom row is Granny Bamburg (Daddy’s Great-Grandmother), Granny Sanny, (Daddy’s Grandmother) Granny Enloe (Mom’s Grandmother) Granma Privett (Mom’s Grandmother). As you can see some of them lived to be very old. Granny Bamburg lived to be 105 and was almost 106 at the time of her death. Five of them were still living when I was born three years later. So we have quite the heritage and long life-line.
2 comments:
That is the COOLEST picture! Wow!! Thanks for sharing! Your family is blessed - He has YOUR bloodline blessed for a purpose! This is why I LOVE F.F.F. I might not have never seen this picture and this is the GOOD STUFF!
I'm just now getting online after our weekend with the Richmans. Thank you for including my birtday in your blog, and for sharing this picture.
I have always liked the picture.
I have another blessing as well as having all of my grandmothers...
When I was born I was the youngest of 5 living generations. And when Blake was born I was in a SECOND 5 generation group. I have two wonderful photos of me in both.
In one, I was the baby, and in the other, I was the baby's grandmother. Daddy and his mother were in both pictures as well.
Post a Comment