We were in Bar Harbor Maine yesterday and it was a very beautiful place. Obviously, a place for the very wealthy. It is a quaint little village in the Acadia National Park. One of the highest peaks is at Cadillac Mountain. We first took a bus ride up to the observation of Cadillac Mountain. It was VERY cold yesterday so we didn't stay out too long. Then we came back down and boarded a four-sailed schooner for a cruise around the bay. Again, it was neat and beautiful but VERY cold. I was glad to get back on land and back on the ship to warm up. Our travel agent had paid for us to have lunch in the Pinnacle Grill so we ate lunch there, then went back ashore to do some shopping. It was a shallow bay so we had to be tendered in again. It was very interesting (scary actually) as the ocean was very choppy and I kept thinking about all those ferries that your read about that capsized. I always think when I read them, didn't those people know they were over loaded, then yesterday I was thinking, "I guess they trusted the people in charge." We were fully loaded and at times would dip so low, the ocean would splash up into the tender boat. We survived obviously, but it was scary.
Just in case I can't get back on, today we are in Halifax Canada. I had no idea it was such a large city. I've already taken some beautiful photos of the coastline as we were coming into the dock. There is a huge shipping dock here and I read in one of the ship brochures that it is the largest port for Canada on the East Coast. We are again going on a three sail schooner today and then a hop-on-hop off tour of the city.
I had already planned to do a post about the ship on one of the days we are at sea. So Janine and Tina, hopefully your questions about the ship will be answered then.
Here are photos from Bar Harbor.
This is a tender boat.
View from Cadillac Mountain. Do you see our ship way down in the background?
Kevin and I at the top of Cadillac mountain. See our tiny ship above Kevin's head?
Here is a photo of our schooner and our ship.
A photo of a beautiful home on the shoreline. I thought of you Lavonna and thought this would be a great painting. As a matter of fact that is how the island was discovered, from artists selling their paintings and the people that bought them wanting to know where they were painted. It is an artists haven.
Back on the ship and we were leaving port. The sun was now shining brightly. I borrowed the ranger hat I got for Azariah. I thought it was hysterical. Ranger Rick in action.
This is what I was looking at, a falcon catching his dinner.
We are now leaving Bar Harbor and here is one of the lighthouses in the bay.
3 comments:
I know you are having such a wonderful time. I am enjoying the pictures. Love, Mom
Love the hat! I could not even tell it was you. LOL Love, De
Ranger Rick Reporting for Duty! Love it! Cheryl
Post a Comment