Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Evening Update

Praise God we are home from the hospital. Kevin's heart cath. went very well today and there was no sign of any blockage. (If you prayed, remember to thank God for answered prayer.) Dr. Cox did say some of his arteries had "pearls." It is caused by high blood pressure and high cholesterol. The best I can describe it is the artery looks like a string of pearls. The arteries are supposed to be smooth, but Kevin's are bumpy like a sting of pearls. The "pearls" are actually little stretched pockets of the artery, but they can fill up with plaque and either cause a blockage or the plaque can break out and cause discomfort. The best way to treat it is lose weight and lower cholesterol. We have actually been working on both since January, but will step it up both in diet and exercise. Tina has joined Weight Watcher's and has begged us to join her. I love WW and am trying to convince Kevin it would be a good thing to do. Kevin has a follow-up appointment next week with our regular GP. We appreciate all your thoughts, concerns, care and prayers.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Manda Jo said...

I am glad everything was ok! I will def keep Kevin in my prayers.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I do thank God that Kevin came out as well as he did. I prayed for him today. Love, Mom

Jen said...

So glad Kevin is home and things are better than they could be. God is good. Just keep to the right diet and exercise and things should be okay.

Post a Comment