Thursday, July 16, 2009

Family Friday Photo

It's that time again. I know the anticipation must be killing you . . . to see who is the victim honoree this week. Today I am honoring my sweet husband, Kevin. He is turning the big 5-0 on Monday. He has been a little melancholy about it too, not because he is worried about his age, but that he doesn't feel like he has accomplished enough in his life. I keep telling him, "It is never too late, until you're dead!" but he just doesn't believe me. Well, honey, I think you've done plenty and I could not have survived without you. I am lucky to have someone that puts up with me and all my mood swings and impatience. You spoil me beyond words and I know for a fact that some of my friends and probably sisters too would "rent" you out in a heartbeat. I mean who else has a husband that cleans house better than she can? Who else has a husband that brings his wife breakfast in bed every morning? Who else has a husband that drives his wife to work on snowy days, so she doesn't have to scrape ice after a hard day on the job? Who else has a husband that cleans the house while his wife is out of town, so she can come home to a clean house? Who else has a husband that brings his wife flowers just because, and often too? Who else has a husband that would drive 500 miles to pick her up so she wouldn't have to fly by herself? Call me selfish if you want, I'm keeping you all to myself. So Love, cheer up, the world is definitely a better place because you are a part of it. And my life would not be complete without you. I love you and happy fiftieth birthday! I love this picture of Kevin. The date on the side says 1972, so Kevin would have been thirteen. Notice the big iguana on his back. That was Iggy and Kevin has tried for the rest of his life to get another Iggy. He supposedly was so tame and Kevin took him everywhere just as he is in the photo, riding on Kevin's back. After we got married and at least for the first five years or so, everyone I met, as soon as they heard my name, asked "Are you married to Kevin Hare? The one that likes iguanas?" We had a few iguanas even after we married, but after one almost bit Kevin's thumb off we haven't had one in a few years. I can't say I'm sad about it, but I know Kevin probably is.
The next photo it is dated 1977. That was the year Kevin and I met. He was home for the summer from military school and I had just started working at Nunn. I never saw him in his uniform as those were not happy days for Kevin. He definitely felt abandoned and I must say, it is kind of cruel to send a hearing impaired person to military school. But Kevin is a survivor and military school helped shape him into the man he is today. Where else could you learn the "white glove" cleaning technique?
And finally how Kevin looks today. I took this picture when we were up at Three Falls Cove in June for our anniversary. I think he is still as handsome as ever with his salt and pepper hair and infectious smile. I always know when he is up to something, that mischievous twinkle in his eye is a dead give away. So happy birthday my debonair Hare. I love you.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Tina said...

****WAAAA-AAAHHHH*****
Get the tissues!! Loved your blog. Kevin is so wonderful! I can not imagine my life without Kevin. He is the funniest human being I have met, he loves and cares like none other, and he is handsome!! On top of being a great husband he is an awesome brother and FUNtastic Uncle! Great pictures! Happy B-Day Kevin!

Jen said...

What a wonderful tribute to what seems like a wonderful man. Love the photos. He has a really honest, kind and caring face. I'd rent him in a heartbeat! But Australia is a long way away. I couldn't afford the airfare on top of what you would charge to rent him to me. Ha Have a happy birthday Kevin.

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th Birthday Kevin! Linda that was so sweet, it made me cry too!Kevin looks like my brother in that 13 yr. old photo minus the iguana! My brother had a rat! Yes, Linda , you are lucky to have him and he you! You guys are quite a pair! Kevin still makes me laugh after all these years too! And he has a heart of gold!! Welcome to the 50's club Kevin!It's Great! Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Good Blog! Happy Birthday, Kevin! I have always Loved you and really do appreciate the way you have been so good to our daughter. You are a marvelous host when we visit you and Linda. We always feel welcome. You are TOO easy a lot of times and allow people to take advantage of you (don't stop)! We need you too much at times. If you had been any different you wouldn't be Kevin. You are an asset ti our family and a great son-in-law! We love you! Mimi

Post a Comment