Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome to Leelee's Place Daycare Center

Actually it's not really a daycare center, but some days feel like it. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it is tiring. What's really funny about yesterday is that most of it was not planned, it just happened. Tina had actually called earlier to ask if I could keep John for her, but the rest just kind of happened. I got up about 8:30 and remembered Avi had said Zee had a dental appointment. I thought he might be taking Tzipi over to Hester's but when I called and asked her she said, "No." So I decided to call Avi and ask him what he was going to do with Tzipi while they went to the dentist. He said they would just take her with them, but I suggested he bring her by the house so she wouldn't have to sit and be bored. He agreed that sounded like a plan and said he would bring her by about 10:20. They actually came a little earlier, about 10:00, but it didn't really matter. Kevin and I were eating breakfast so I asked Tzipi if she wanted to watch t.v. or play with the toys. She opted for t.v. so I set her up a little tray with a sippy cup, a couple of pieces of bacon and a chocolate chip muffin and turned on her favorite show, Sponge Bob. After we finished breakfast, I went in the living room to see what Tzipi was up to. She had finished her snack and wanted to start playing with the baby dolls. About this time, Hester called and said her boys were ready for us to pick them up. So we loaded Tzipi and Papi (the dog) up and headed over to Hester's. We got the boys picked up and were on our way home. Just as we were pulling up in the drive, Avi and Zee pulled up behind us. Avi said he had changed his mind about the movie, but would leave the kiddos if that was okay. By this time they had missed the first movie. I fixed Zee a little lunch and then it was time for all the boys, including Kevin, left to go see the new Transformer movie. After they left, I told Tzip it was nap time. We read a couple of books and then she fell asleep. It was later than her usual nap so I only let her sleep for an hour and a half. I went it to wake her up and asked her if she would rather go for ice cream or a snow cone. She immediately said, "Pink, bubblegum snow cone." I told her we would go to Michael's first to pick out an art project and then would go get her snow cone. She told me she wanted to get stuff to make a cake. She was quite insistent, but I kept telling her I didn't want to make a cake today. She kept say, "But Leelee, you said they had cake stuff here." I finally took her over to the cake section to show her, but told her we would save that for another day. Finally Tzipi decided on a necklace kit and a "treasure" box. We then went and got her snow cone and headed for home. We decided to do the messy stuff out side. I let Tzipi finish her snow cone and then we got out the paints. Tzipi said, "I want to paint it rainbow." I told her it was her project and she could do what she wanted. She actually did a fine job and was very meticulous. Her treasure box turned out really cute.





We put it aside so it could dry and she could make her necklace. I was really surprised at her dexterity and fine motor skill. She had no problem at all stringing her beads.














Here she is modeling her new, beautiful, butterfly necklace. She said she was going to keep it in her treasure box.



















Next we went in the house to work some more on the snow cone and play with play-dough. By this time Kevin and Zee were home so Zee joined in with our activities in the kitchen. It was ticking close to 6:00 so I said we better take them home because Tina was supposed to bring John over at 6:30.















Randy and Tina brought John over about 7:30 and he was so happy to be here. We came right in the house and John started making his "toot-toot" sound. He loves Thomas The Train and knows I have a DVD and that is what he wanted. Out of all the toys he had dumped out, he chose to 'veg' out to the t.v.















I know John loves Curious George and had just been to see him, so I bribed him with a few
M & M's to try it on. I thought he looked adorable and then he wore it for a long time, way after the M & M's were gone. I was afraid he was going to want to keep it, but he had forgotten all about it by the time he went home.















John was just in love with our cat Athena, we have called her Scratchy Cat for years because she HATES small children. Amazingly enough she never even attempted to scratch him. He kept trying to share his M & M's with her. It was so cute, but she wasn't interested.














Kevin decided to come out in the yard and join us. John has a blast with Uncle Kevin. He thinks Uncle Kevin is hilarious. Kevin can always make John laugh. In this picture, Kevin was pretending to look at the bush and then letting it smack him in the face. John would absolutely crack up. He kept wanting to do it again and again.














You know the attention span of a two year old, so it was on to the next adventure. We went on the side of the house and found lots of snails, thanks to the rain. John just thought they were fantastic. Here he is getting a closer look. I was afraid he was going to quickly stand up and stomp them. Not that I care if they are dead, but that's just gross. I can't stand squishing snails. I'd rather put out the poison. For some reason all the kids love to snail hunt at our house. I think they would all be sad if I poisoned the snails.











Finally we went back inside and a few minutes later, Randy and Tina came back to get John. He was NOT ready to leave and really pitched a fit. I had to put him in the car as he would not go with his mom or dad. I promised him he could come back. So all in all we kept five kids total yesterday, thank goodness not all at once. I think I went to bed by 11:30 as I was tuckered out. I wonder what tomorrow holds?

2 comments:

Tina said...

If you didn't make it so fun they wouldn't come. You and Kevin are VERY entertaining! Now I want to come over and paint...and eat snow cones! Thanks for being so sweet, fun, & loving to John. I can just mention going to Leelee's and John will run to the door. I am sure when he is a little older he will pack his bag to come to your house! Thanks for helping us out!

Anonymous said...

These children are all so lucky to have Aunt Leelee and Uncle Kevin! You will be blessed for being so good to them. Love, Mom

Post a Comment