Today's Family Photo is in honor of my younger sister, Lavonna. Today is her birthday, but I'll let her tell you how old. We've had lots of good times together and always have a story to tell both during and after our girl trips. We've shared many memories and played many hours in the back yard. Lavonna likes to tell how mean Darla and I were to her when we were playing Barbies. It really had nothing to do with her personally, we just didn't want to play with "The Baby" so sadly her Barbie would always come to some tragic demise and we would have a funeral and then tell her, "Okay, you can't play anymore." She says she still hates Barbies to this day. Sorry Sis, didn't mean to scar you for life. Lavonna and I are as close as sisters could be without being twins. We were just talking the other day how our personalities make a whole, complete person with all four personalities. No wonder we get along so well. When we go out to eat at a buffet like Furr's, when we get to the table, our trays look almost identical, even if we weren't in line together. The other day we both ended up at the allergy doctor at the same time. Dr. Sarajja couldn't believe we were really sisters with the same parents. Then he asked the funniest question, "Do you get along?" We both cracked up and said, "Very much." I remember when Lavonna came home from the hospital and after the newness wore off (which was very quickly) I was wondering when she was going back. I was not happy to give up my title as Baby of the Family. I had been Baby Princess for five years and that was not nearly long enough. Once I got over the fact that she was staying we became the best of friends and played and played and played. I definitely have the best sisters in the world and thank God that he gave us all to the same parents. Happy Birthday Lavonna, I love you.
In this picture Lavonna is about five years old. I definitely see Mallory in this picture. I think I've even seen Mallory make that same face.

This picture was taken last summer of Lavonna. She always gets told she looks like Tia Leoni and I can definitely see the resemblence in this picture. Lavonna actually wasn't mad, she was just scowling at Mallory, teasing her about taking her picture.

1 comment:
I am so proud that all you girls love each other the way you do. We always have a good time when we get together as a family. It always amazes me that people get Lavonna and De confused since De is a blonde and Lavonna a brunette. I think you all are perfect! Happy Birthday, Lavonna! We all love you! Mom
Post a Comment