Friday, June 26, 2009
Friday Family Photo
I know I say this every week, but Holy Cow, it's Friday again! That means time for another family photo. This weeks photo is of my precious niece Tziporah. I just love this photo and not because I took it but because she looks so adorable. We call her Tzipi (pronounced Zippy) for short. She was born while my nephew and his wife lived in Virginia and I was sure I would
never get to know and love her on the same basis I do my other nieces and nephews, but thankfully God brought them back to Texas and I do indeed get to love on Tzipi like all the others. She has such a quirky little personality. She's like a bulldog in little girl skin. I swear she is not afraid of anything and will just as soon give you a kiss as a bloody lip. Just ask Azariah. He's met with her wrath a few times. Thankfully she and I have not had too many run-ins. It could be a fight to the death as you all know how stubborn I am. She says some of the funniest things. The other day her dad was getting on to her and said, "You have to because I'm the boss." To which Tzipi promptly replied, "No I'm the little boss like Leelee." We all thought that was so funny. Everyone knows I am the boss for now, but have several "bosses in waiting" just waiting for my old age and weakness to settle in so they can over take me. Today Kevin and I were keeping Tzipi and Zee for a little while. We decided we would go to McD's for lunch as they have a new and improved playground. After the kids ate they were off to play. They both kept coming back to the table just to check to make sure we had not left them or to grab a drink, then back to playland. At one point Tzipi came running up to the table and babbled something inaudible about Zee and then as she ran back to play she looked back over her shoulder and told Kevin and me to "cover your eyes and run for your life!!!" I cracked up as I just envisioned us running nilly-willy with our hands over our eyes. I know they grow up so fast and I do enjoy spending time with them. Since I retired from teaching, keeping the little kids is how I get my "kid fix" that I so crave. So Tzipi, here's to you and thanks for all the sweet, funny memories.
3 comments:
She is so sweet and beautiful! John has such a crush on her. When he seen her at the game Monday night his eyes just lit up!
That brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for loving these two children! I'd say they were mine, but I'm only in charge of them for just a few more years. My heart is so glad to be around so much of my family. It is a dream come true. Life just keeps getting better and better!
That was so sweet! I love that little girl and her brother very much also. We are so blessed to have healthy, intelligent, boisterous, and fun-loving grandchildren and great-grandchildren! Love, Mimi
Post a Comment